Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C0281 Stoplamp Switch Circuit

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 12:39 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C0281 Stoplamp Switch Circuit

My cruise control has not been working, and I finally scanned for codes and found this one. Looked at the brake switch and the two green wires (one light and one dark) were broken off the connectors. I soldered them back on, made sure the connections were good, cleared the code, but it still comes back and cruise control still does not work. Can someone help me out? What should I look for next?
Old 07-06-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, do your brake lights work? Next, when scanning you can log the Cruise/Brake Enable (IIRC) PID on the Status Bit Display to see if the ECM is getting a signal from it. If this checks out, verify that the fuses are still good or any connections to the cruise control unit are good. Also, it may be the connector for the cruise control is damaged, does the CRUISE light on the dash come on?
Old 07-07-2006, 02:09 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brake lights do work...no CRUISE light on the dash at all. I'll try logging the PID and see what happens. I did go through and check EVERY single fuse in both the dash and underhood fuse boxes, they were all ok. Thanks for the help....will report back this weekend.

Quick Reply: C0281 Stoplamp Switch Circuit