Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wideband readings

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default wideband readings

I have a Wideband Commander that I just installed. Well I dont have the EIO interface, just the basic interface so I cant log readings into HP Tuners but thats not an issue right now.

Im trying to get my VE table right and Im almost there. I have been using a spreadsheet that uses the stfr and ltft to correct the VE table.

My concern is that my wideband reads about dead on 14.7 at idle on cold startup. If I let it sit long enough it will keep getting leaner until it maxes out at 18:1. Now I went from a stock VE table to the one I have now and my wideband is showing the same a/f ratio and the difference between the stock and current VE table is dramatic. My car would not idle at all before I made the new VE table and now its running pretty good. I can pop the gas quickly and it goes back to a steady idle. If I start the car hot it might read 14.7 for a second or two and then gradually starts to lean out to 18:1. The car doesnt start running rough when it gets lean, it still runs fine although the cam has a different lick to it when it gets lean.

Now for my WOT readings. I used the stock PE table of 1.25 and when I went WOT it was 14:1. I used another table I had where the multiplier was 1.14 and it still seemed to run at 14:1.

With the 1.25 multiplier in place, shouldnt the car be on the rich side, like around 11.5-12:1?
Old 07-12-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, way rich at 1.25. Some things are not making sense here. Did you calibrate the wideband. It sounds like you are doing the right things, but getting wierd readings from the wideband.
Where did you get the spread sheet for VE calculations?
Old 07-13-2006, 02:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont know what was up with the car leaning out after I let it idle for a while but the reason my a/f was 14:1 at wot even with my PE at 1.13 was because my VE table was too lean at wot. I ended up adding 15 to all my wot cells and now its 12.9 at wot.

Friend on here gave me the spreadsheet.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12.9 would be sweet im way rich