PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what type of tune is better??computer or dyno tune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what type of tune is better??computer or dyno tune?

i just got done putting in my engine back together with all the head and cam and all the other mods and bolt ons....my car needs tunning bad....it only starts with a scanner hooked up....i was going to send my computer to texas speed so they could tune it....but it will have to be a computer tune....they said they would try to tune it as close as possible to the mods that i have....is there really a big hp gain if i were to actually take my car and get it tuned right then and there not sending my comp....wich tune is better for the most hp possible???
Old 07-14-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not trying to be a dick, but let's think this one through:

You have a tuner that offers to "try to tune it as close as possible" from a distance, or you can go to a dyno and have a tune made for your specific car where parameters can be measured and adjusted as needed over and over until they get it perfect for *your* car.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO if you know a good tuner around your area that will ride with you logging your driving and then adjust and readjust for a decent $ then I'd go that way. I have mixed feelings about DYNO tuning. I'd rather have a real world tune to my car out driving on the road.