Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo help

Hello all. I purchased a Diablosport Predator tuner for my 99SS. Well my mothers 98 Buick Regal GS happined to sputter and throw codes, so I hooked it up to the Buick before it ever saw the Camaro. I only used it for its diagnostic feature. When I went to tune the Camaro, it said errors like "Wrong Header" and "Wrong Origin/Path". Did it lock onto the Vin of the Buick? I sure as hell hope not. I emailed and called Diablo three days ago and they said they`d get back to me but never did. I went into the options of the Diablo and it did say that it is locked, but how do you find out what its locked to? If I remember the Hypertech for my 95 LT1 gave me a vin, does the Diablo offer this?
Help me out if you can, because I definatly need to correct the speedo for 4.11`s.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know the answer but I've used the diagnostics portion several times on other cars, even real time data - but it was connected to my car first and always on F-bodies. Hopefully they'll get back to you soon. Here's a TTT for ya.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Exclamation

Well incase anyone searches trying to find a solution to this problem, Diablo said they`ll have to send me a new one and they are overnighting it. Check your Diablos serial number, if it is six 0`s then you got hosed and they need to send you a new one. I dont know, maybe this batch was made on a friday or a monday when some one was hung over but if it has a serial number of 6 0`s then it is no good.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you just got a bad one? Did it read the DTCs on the Buick?
Old 07-20-2006, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Yeah it read them DTCs on both cars, but it just wouldnt let me tune.