Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bucking at low speeds

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bucking at low speeds

I've been chasing what I thought was a misfire for a while now. The only code throughout this problem was a lean bank 2. My right side plugs keep getting fouled and my O2 is fouled black. Something is causing the right side to dump fuel I guess. At speeds between 25 and 55 the car will just start bucking like the power is coming and going. Today, after more replacement parts, during a test drive at about 40 mph, the car started jerking but then I thought it died because my tach showed 0rpms, but after stopping I realized it was still running and the tach did not resume functioning until I accelerated pretty hard. Any Ideas? I'm at the end of my rope- new plugs,wires,exhaust gaskets. The only thing changed before this problem was a change from NGK TR 55s to NGK 6s(iridium and one heat range colder).
Old 08-03-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

running way too rich. Its loading up. Need to tune it.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm. I am also running the NGK 6's and am having a bucking problem. I will have to ask the others with bucking problems as well. There are a couple of threads going right now regarding bucking. Mine doesn't seem to be as severe as yours but the answer is out there if enough people talk about it. Good luck. Subscribing.