Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift point?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift point?

Is the WOT MPH relative to your shift point? If I change my shift point do I have to change the mph?
Thanks
Jim
Old 07-24-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

The MPH and RPM parameters must BOTH be exceeded before the shift will be commanded. Some people recommend zeroing out the MPH table, but I found that this causes my car to shift from 1st to 3rd. I guess the converter slips enough that the trans shifts to second gear, and is still exceeding the 2nd gear RPM value, so it instantly shifts to 3rd gear. Placing values back in the MPH table fixed that.

Before installing my cam, I lowered the MPH table by a few across the board to make sure it didn't interfere with the RPM table. This worked well.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Nice. Yea Im bouncing off the rev limiter and i believe it is cause my MPH is not hit when it goes to shift. Il try bringing then down. ALSO how much of a spread should there be from you shift point to your rev limiter. Mine is 300rpms apart right now.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

That will vary from car to car, and from torque converter to TC. It will require some experimentation to get the car to repeatedly shift where you want. Log a few pulls and check out the MPH and shift points to help determine good starting points.