PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!HP Tuners

Old 07-24-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default !HP Tuners

Nice program.. I was at a meet the weekend with some friends who has his laptop with that software on his puter. i just had true duals put on so my SES light was on. he tuned my car for me..

No more rear o2s, !CAGS, AIR Pump, lowered the fans to 190* (need new t-stat) did something with my cats.. i have an o/r x. he adjsuted the fuel that sprayed. kind of lost me on that.

so now i need to take out the AIR Pump, and get an 185* T-stat...

BTW IT WAS ALL FREE
Old 07-24-2006, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, I have found it very useful, i havn't tried changeing any one elses car yet, only logged. Think I can only change cars of the same year.

Many poeple have said many good tihngs about HP Tuners. I'm very happy with it. I hae removed my air pump and put in a 160* stat, simple to remove the air pump in the software. Also saves a bit of weight too, I was surprised how much the air pump weighs.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedWS6 00
Yep, I have found it very useful, i havn't tried changeing any one elses car yet, only logged. Think I can only change cars of the same year.

Many poeple have said many good tihngs about HP Tuners. I'm very happy with it. I hae removed my air pump and put in a 160* stat, simple to remove the air pump in the software. Also saves a bit of weight too, I was surprised how much the air pump weighs.
yea the guy that did it has the license to all years. How do you go about removing the air pump????
Old 07-25-2006, 03:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Under the hood thee are a pair of fuse boxes on the drivers side. On the label one is marked Air Pump, remove the fuse for the Air Pump. The pump only runs for like 30 seconds after start up.
The next part you need to do under the car. The pump is loctaed in the drivers side fender. There is an access hatch infront of the front wheel to change bulbs etc, in this you will see the air pump. Unbolt the pump, removed the hoses. Took me about 30mins of fiddling to remove the pump as there isn't much room to work with. One end of the pump goes to the air box, the other end goes round the back of the engine into te exhaust so you will need to remove these pipes and block the holes.

As far as I know I dont remember changing anything in the PCM after removing the air pump. It was the EGR removal I had to modify the PCM. I beleive there is a start up timer value that can be altered for the pump but with the pump fuse removed, its not going to matter anyway.

Good luck.

Search this Thread