PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

computer reflash??????? help!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default computer reflash??????? help!!!!!!!!!

i just installed a 5.3 in my 85 silverado. my friend has hp tunners for 98 fbody and 2002 trucks. since he has the program and software for all 2002 trucks i intend to use a 02 computer... this seems pretty simple right? well the bad news is that after the third 02 tahoe computer i have recieved, seems that most salvage yards in my area have a lot of tahoe computers, i am still without progress. at first i thought we could just delete the vats off of it but the software is not good for an suv,,,come on ,talk about shitty, the same motor in both and the software wont do anything... after i cooled down i still am at a loss because i am having a hard time figuring out what is my best resolve........ here is another, the salvage yards keep telling my the computer for a tahoe & truck are the same.... my father has a 02 silverado with the same 5.3 i used. is there any way to use one of my computers and have it flashed for my dads truck so it will become an 02 computer.... what is killing my tune is that when you plug in the laptop it is pulling an 02 tahoe vin #. why cant i some how use my dad vin # somehow

any help would be greatly appreciated

brandon

Quick Reply: computer reflash??????? help!!!!!!!!!