Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTFT question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LTFT question

When they talk about the LTFT ideally being between -5 and+5.Where do I read that from?I did some scans and my LTFTs are all over the place.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Thats where the tuning comes in. They arent there automatically. you need to tune them to get there. setting up a histogram for ltft+stft would help or if you have a wideband, setting up afr error %.

Last edited by ninobrn99; 08-08-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
Thats where the tuning comes in. They arent there automatically. you need to tune them to get there. setting up a histogram for ltft+stft would help or if you have a wideband, setting up afr error %.
Yea,but the histogram numbers are all different.Are they all supposed to be-5 or+5?Across the whole rpm range?Am I supposed to read the number at a certain rpm?Average all the numbers?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

make a MAP at each cell. you can do this in efi live or HPTuners. I have efi live. I can send you the MAP or MAPs that you need for efi live and you can use them, you will also have to select several more PIDs than the default PID page in order to read everything.
hookup your tuning stuff, unplug the MAF and drive around watching the fuel trims and logging each cell, then tune the VE based on the MAP (raise or lower the VE) then plug your MAF back in and you should be good to go
Old 08-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
make a MAP at each cell. you can do this in efi live or HPTuners. I have efi live. I can send you the MAP or MAPs that you need for efi live and you can use them, you will also have to select several more PIDs than the default PID page in order to read everything.
hookup your tuning stuff, unplug the MAF and drive around watching the fuel trims and logging each cell, then tune the VE based on the MAP (raise or lower the VE) then plug your MAF back in and you should be good to go
Ok,I'm very green and this is going to sound really stupid but could you tell me what a MAP is or a cell is? Thanks.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

you know excel.. microsoft excel... how it has each cell like a1 a2 a3 a4

MAP is Manifold Absolute pressure. Your car runs off of MAP and RPM

once i finish my somewhat guide to tuning i will post it and you can download it and see. pm me if you need more info or help on anything
Old 08-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Launching!

once i finish my somewhat guide to tuning i will post it and you can download it and see. pm me if you need more info or help on anything
Thats what I thought MAP was.I guess I just don't understand how I need to read it at each "cell" like your telling me.I'm pretty confused,sorry.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Banned

have you finshed with that how paper yet?
Old 12-25-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

ZL1,

Could I trouble you for those MAP's as well? I am working on my VE table with EFIlive and an LM1.

Email is: fratsit2001@yahoo.com

Thanks for the assistance to all of us.

R/

Frat