PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband Logging with HPTuners, How??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wideband Logging with HPTuners, How??

I just want to read my wideband into the Histogram. I have it in the Table display, I can watch the numbers go by, but cannot get it to a Chart or Histogram. Do I have to write a PID or SENS or what. The help and directions are not real clear. This should be easy that's why I just paid the big bucks for this damm software. OK, so I am not a hacker. I don't understand these expressions SENS.120>10=nothing. How does that work for me. I just want to read the wideband, this should be really simple. Can anyone help
Old 08-12-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there should already be one there. under the histograms. did u set up a pid under the table already for the WB?
Old 08-13-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

There is a table there for wideband but there is no data, just messages that it is not supported with the loaded parameters, and I can't find how to load anything else.
I need Wideband for Idiots, how do I make it work? What do I need to load where.
I thought that PIDs were filters, I need to display data.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

whats your email addy? Ill send ya my config. you're gonna need to go into the table, right click on the eio input and change the afr since mine is adjusted for my voltage offset. PM it to me if you want.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Make sure you add the AFR Commanded to the table display or you won't be able to read the % error histogram.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Resident

I have a read out on the Table display, accurate numbers for AFR so the input seems to be configured right.
I have been working on the histogram config and now it is posting numbers, but they are all 00. It will populate the entire scan with 00
Old 08-13-2006, 01:57 AM
TECH Resident

I think that I am configd correctly now, but when I replay the scan from yesterday, my data logger was not configd right, so I am not getting any good numbers. Does that make sense. I will plug it in and start up the car tomorrow and see if I get some good data.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:31 AM
TECH Addict

did the config i sent ya help?
Old 08-13-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks Nino, your config gave me more clues. I need to get the oil filter on the car today and start it up to see if I am setup right.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

you should still be able to rear it with just the key on. motor doesnt need to be turned.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe I missed it, but which WB are you using? HPT has preconfigured PIDs for most of the more popular WBs.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you need to post a log file as well...but yeah most popular widebands are preconfigured so its just a matter of choose the right pid and your done.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks everyone,,, I have a LM1 Wideband. I can see the AFR in the Table display and the numbers are right so it is setup correctly. I am not seeing any numbers in the Chart or Histogram. I selected SENSOR :Air Fuel Ratio in the Histogram setup. Do I need a PID there also, if I need a PID what is the formula, I don't understand this "equation must return a value of 1 = true". Can someone just write the exact PID string that I need to enter??
Old 08-13-2006, 06:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LM-1 is the easiest to setup...I'll see if I can put a flash file up tonight if you dont get it figured out on your own.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

When I add a PID for wideband to the Histogram, the display has rows horizontal and verticle waiting for data like it should. Then when I load a scan file, it shuts off and goes back to that screen that you may not be configured right. This should be the easiest thing in the world but I"m just not a hacker. Do I need a PID or a sensor? Do I need a filter string or what???
Old 08-13-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racecar
Do I need a PID or a sensor? Do I need a filter string or what???
If you can view the WB data in the table view of the scanner all you need to do is add it to your charts. Goto chart setup, select an open space, then select PID. At the bottom of the PID list is a listing of AUX PIDs, click the plus sign and you should see the LM1 at or towards the top. Select it, configure you scaling and click the save button to save the chart config. Bam, Bob's your uncle.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Now we are getting somewhere. I will try it, be back with results soon.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

When you say go to chart setup, you mean "configure histograms" and just add the PID there for the LM1. No need to filter? Just add the PID from the AUX list Wideband O2?
Right???
Old 08-13-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racecar
When you say go to chart setup, you mean "configure histograms" and just add the PID there for the LM1. No need to filter? Just add the PID from the AUX list Wideband O2?
Right???
Depend on what you are after...histograms allow you to see data plotted against two axis. For example you can view AFR data plotted against RPMs and manifold pressure (kPa).

If that's what you are after then select the LM1 as the "plot value" and the table "VE-vs-RPM-vs-MAP" as the X and Y values. Filtering is not 'required' and cell hits are optional too, although cells with less than 30 or so data points should probably be ignored.

On the other hand, I normally drive while viewing the scanner in chart mode. In this mode I typically look at WB AFR in the same plot window as my 'commanded AFR' to see how far (if any) the two values are off.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

GOT IT !!!!! Thanks to all. Yes it is simple, in the Histogram Config I just added the Sensor "Air Fuel Ratio". Plugged it into the car and it works. All of those scans that I made yesterday when it was not configd right, they do not work.
It's about 90 outside at 5:30, I'm going to wait until it cools off and go for a run on my favorite winding country road, Log some data.