Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse lock out-No ground from pcm

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reverse lock out-No ground from pcm

This is pretty much a repost. I didn't get much response from the Man trans section.

I did a cam install about 2 weeks ago and every since then my reverse lock out hasn't worked. I have no idea how the 2 could be related but it was working before.

I have pulled the solenoid out and checked it and it works fine. The connecter for it has power and ground with the key on but the ground side reads around 12k ohms at all times.

Old post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/556988-reverse-locked-out-searched.html
Old 08-14-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tested it some more today. The ground side of the connecter does not have any conductivity when the car is turned off and when you turn the key on it reads around 12k ohms. Then when I start the car the resistance to ground will drop to around 7k ohms. So I guess the PCM is giving it ground but the resistance is so high the solenoid does not work.

When I tested it in my first post I was just turning the key on and off to see if there was a change in resistance. Today I noticed that the key has to be off for a few seconds before the PCM opens the ground circuit.