PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zo6 Cam = Zo6 Tune?

Old 08-15-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Zo6 Cam = Zo6 Tune?

I've been having ALOT of issues tuning my car since i've gotten my cam. The shop that installed the cam did probly the single worst tuning job i've EVERR seen/heard of (surging, horrible mpg, stalling, forget the a/c, etc) so I got HP Tuners and have been tuning it since.

However better it is now, it is still far from good. So i got to thinking ...

If i drop in a Zo6 cam, would it be possible to flash my car with a Zo6 tune? I know this sounds kinda weird, but it always sounds like it would work. Granted i would need a zo6 cam (which I found several for very cheap) and a 'donor' Zo6 tune/tables....

Does this sound possible?
Old 08-15-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 430 Likes on 306 Posts

It can be hard to start with a bad tune. You don't know what tables may have been changed or inadvertantly corrupted. If you have your stock tune, reflash it and change what you need to.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gametech
It can be hard to start with a bad tune. You don't know what tables may have been changed or inadvertantly corrupted. If you have your stock tune, reflash it and change what you need to.

Yeah that's what i did ... but it's just such a long process and i'm learning this stuff as i go so it takes that much more time
Old 08-15-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My Z06 cam tune was a snap. Although it might be alot different with your car since I have a truck. The 5.3L's tables look VERY similar to the LS6 base tune now. The VE changed dramatically and takes an almost identical shape of the vette base table. The MAF values are also very similar. As for the spark, I just based mine off the stock 5.3L truck timing table, since I still use it for truck stuff, offroading, hauling, etc.

Chris

Search this Thread