PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

random/false KR!!!! need HELP car has alot more left in it!!!!!but decided to be safe

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default random/false KR!!!! need HELP car has alot more left in it!!!!!but decided to be safe

OK tuned my car yesterday with a real cool guy, he used HP Tuners...my car has a custom rear mount turbo, 42lb injectors, stock motor, 5psi.

On the "safest most conservative" tune my car made for me (15* degrees and 11.3 Air/Fuel with NO knock) = it made 381rwhp/415rwtq @5psi using HP TUNERS
weather was like 95* out, i got the other conditions on the dyno sheet if anyone thinks that would have played some role in this...

Now i did like 18 passes on the dyno and he told me it was getting a random 3* of KR on some runs, but then again on some back to back runs with nice timing i would get NO Knock Retard WHATSOEVER.., if a car knocks shouldnt it knock ALL the time with a certain amount of timing??? Anyways my car is automatic and ever since i put the Energy Urethane TRANNY MOUNT the whole console and car itself has been vibrating like a BITCH, me and him were guessing it could be FALSE but then again i didnt wana risk it, -and by the way we werent hearing ANYTHING from the motor itself...no pinging, no knock nothing..i could be wrong though...also my charge pipe might have been hitting on the k member when i torqued the motor b/c i dont have it secured tight enough right now.... i was thinking to change my tranny mount back to a rubber (1LE) one to see if that stops the big vibration from my tranny...

Now i got the tune done, late last night went out to some of the open roads and tried it out....the car is a complete PIG from 1000rpm to 3500rpm...and IT IS NOT DUE TO turbo LAG....its more like engine isnt responding to the 15* while not in boost..i remember my car on motor and it would like up the tires out of the hole alnd rev all the way up nice and smooth...NOW it comes out not even spinning the tires, hesitates like a **** between 1500-3500 and then when it sees boost(4000rpm and up) it pulls AWESOMEEE...the thing pissing me off is that a basic bolt on car on motor would destroy me if we took off at low speeds at anything less then 3000rpm...the car just feels real sluggish in the low to mid range and im pretty sure its because of the really LOW timing he set. What i wanted to tell him, was to REDUCE the KNOCK SENSORS (alittle) and if possible to advance the timing more like it would be on motor (21* or so) from idle to about 3500rpm to sort of "wake up" the motor, and then after 3500 when boost is kicking, back it down again to 15 or 16* in the higher rpms range... IT BASICALLY FEELS and ACTS LIKE A 900RWHP SUPRA...i know these motors on boost dont act like that...ITS A DAM V8 lol should have nice throttle response on the low end due to it being an LS1 but it doesnt, has shitty throttle response 'without' boost...im pretty sure any decently built honda out there paying attention with take the jump on me lol thats how bad it is...I want it to TAKE OFF on low rpm and rip the tires like it did be4 on motor..while keeping the boosting characteristics it has right at this moment... LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! had to rant after a night of crappy street driving lol

Last edited by fenix99; 08-19-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is this false knock or the real deal? Sounds like false knock to me.