Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98' tuning questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98' tuning questions

My car is a98 formula with lid,lthedders,oryTCI3500 stall and sunday had a cam put in(TR224/112)took it to the dyno it only put down 316rwhp.Took it back to the shop it was showing 8%load at wide open throttle thats why it did not put down the numbers it should,but anyways my shop called today (thurs) and fixed it,but did not redyno it cause he said the computer needs time to relearn or something like that.I know 98' are harder to tune so if any body has experience with 98 model let me know.How long of road driving does it need before it can go back on the dyno.He said bring it back in 2 wks from now then we'll see then.Anybody with a98 with my mods who had acam put in did you dyno it right away or did you give it alittle time?
Old 08-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Teching In

well when i did my stock ported heads and cam i waited about a month but the car didnt even get turned over cause i was off at work. i drove the car to the dyno which was about 150-200 miles. but like i said the car didnt move for a month just set in the yard.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by john5632
Took it back to the shop it was showing 8%load at wide open throttle thats why it did not put down the numbers it should,but anyways my shop called today (thurs) and fixed it,but did not redyno it cause he said the computer needs time to relearn or something like that...
Without assuming one of two things I don't know how to describe what you are experiencing.

A) Took "What" back, to the shop that "showed 8% load at wide open throttle?" The car went back to the shop, the dyno showed 8% load? They were having problems with their load control on the dyno?

B) The time your pcm or computer needs to relearn it's fuel trims is about 100 miles or so of varied driving- if your shop scaled your VE table in speed density with a wideband O2 then scaled your MAF in Closed Loop followed by finishing up with your Power Enrichment table then there would be no reason at all to worry about allowing time for your fuel trims to relearn. I could be way off here but your description of what happened leads me to believe the shop had problems with their dyno and or your car and now have to many other cars booked up and have told you to come back in a week.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

doc
I was thinking the same thing.Gillbot whos alocal and aboard member has cam onll doing 399rwhp refered to me the guy who did the tuning on all his cars.He said the same thing you said,but anyways this guy fixes alot of tuning issues with alot of peoples cars here in OH.Ive talked to alot of those people and they told me that he'll get it right the first time.So Im picking my car up today and calling this guy.Ill keep you posted