Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vinci Tuner Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 12:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vinci Tuner Question

Is it safe to run on a 100 dry shot with the Hiperf. Stock cam tune. Does the Hiperf. Stock cam tune add any timing and fuel over the Stock tune. I ran the car for the first time on nitrous Friday night using the Factory tune but was just wondering if anybody was using nitrous with the Vinci tuner. The Hiperf. Stock cam tune picked the car up 3 tenths on the motor so just wondering if it would be safe with nitrous.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

first off, that's pretty good picking up 3 tenths with the hi perf/stock cam tune. i have used the hiperf/stock cam tune on a 150 wet shot with no ill effects. the good thing about the tuner is you can bump the timing back 10% (about 3*).
Old 09-03-2006, 11:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrr23
first off, that's pretty good picking up 3 tenths with the hi perf/stock cam tune. i have used the hiperf/stock cam tune on a 150 wet shot with no ill effects. the good thing about the tuner is you can bump the timing back 10% (about 3*).
Yeah, I was very pleased myself. I was expecting a good gain, but was shocked when the car went from a 13.17 to a 12.80. I think I will try the hiperf/stock cam tune on the nitrous the next time I go to the track to hopefully get into the 11s.