Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vinci/ Crane Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vinci/ Crane Question

I was under the impression that Vinci and Crane were pretty much the same tuner.
However, i have not been able to find a tuner for the 98s from crane??
Is there one available or just go with vinci????
The main reason i am trying to find a crane is that i work at oreilly autoparts and i can get a crane for about 360 campared to 460 for vinci.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Vinci use to be with Crane back in the day. They are two seperate entities now. As far as tunning 98 is the hardest dew to the fact the ECU different from the 99-04+ Why GM did that who knows. I wouldnt pay 460 for a handheld, Have a "professional" or well known tuner in your area hook up the HP Tuner or LS1 edit for 500 bucks and really go to town on your tune. My 2 cents.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

We have always been separate entities. We have never been employees or owned by Crane. We have just worked very closely together since the early 60's even before Vinci Hi-Performance was formed and we do a large amount of r&d for them. They sponsored all of Roger's race cars and built camshafts and valvetrain for them. When Vinci Hi-Performance opened in 1968, the relationship continued from there.
We did the tuning portion of the tuners for Crane. The tuners for 99-04 are basically the same. However, Crane does not have a tuner for 98s. That is only available through VHP. I hope I answered your question. Joe.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 8GTOKLR
Vinci use to be with Crane back in the day. They are two seperate entities now. As far as tunning 98 is the hardest dew to the fact the ECU different from the 99-04+ Why GM did that who knows. I wouldnt pay 460 for a handheld, Have a "professional" or well known tuner in your area hook up the HP Tuner or LS1 edit for 500 bucks and really go to town on your tune. My 2 cents.
he may not have a 'professional' near him. so, a handheld is the next best option, if he doesn't want to get an editing program and have to figure it out himself.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Hi Mr. Vinci I have an important question for you....
I have a '97 C5 and I need to reprogram the ECU for an hot cam, fast intake, jet headers and LS2 heads... is the Vinci handheld right for the job or I should expect problems to enter in the ECU end do the tuning? Is it true that for 97-98 the handheld needs your support to undergo the task?? Thank you.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mrr23
he may not have a 'professional' near him. so, a handheld is the next best option, if he doesn't want to get an editing program and have to figure it out himself.
Thats the problem. I have had a cam layin around the house for about 6 months tryin to find a tuner locally...
I have gven up and now im just gonna get a handheld
Old 09-04-2006, 01:20 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Hi
Crane had a part number for a 98 tuner a while ago. Did they drop it?
JA
Old 09-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Teching In

It's that I've heard that on 97-98 it's quite difficult for their handheld to bypass the antiteft and reprogram the ecu...I wanted to know that directly from Vinci....