Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning question

I'm having two issues with my "mail order tune" (I know, a custom tune is better, but $350-$500 for a basically stock DD is not an option)
My wife's C5 has a ZO6 intake, ported TB, no cats, and 3.42 gears and 3000 TC
The car appears to be set to shift around 6500 (which is 100 away from my H/C car's shift ponts) and is hitting the rev limiter hard! I'm looking for some advice on proper shift points and rev limiter settings for this combination
The other is a little more subjctive. My wife says while she's driving a steady speed around 2000rpm, the car feels like it has a slight "downshift" every once in a while. I've only felt it once (and wasn't expecting it) and it felt like the TC was unlocking for a split second. I called the tuner and he said that was normal, and had somthing to do with "pulse width modulation" and it could not be corrected.
I have a 3500 stall in mine ahd have never experienced it!
Is there somthing I can do short of looking for a new tuner??
Thanks
Old 09-04-2006, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's a stock cam, you need to find a new tuner. He should have been able to tune it without even touching the injector tables if it was done in speed density. Plus, the shift tables and torque converter clutch settings probably need to be adjusted. If I were you, I'd tell him to put it back to stock and to give you your money back. Then find a new tuner...