Sponsored by:

FYI on a CKP problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 05:20 PM
BMC
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up FYI on a CKP problem

This is actually my first post on this site and I wanted to share my experience and fix.

I was racing the SuperChevy race at our local track, bandimere a few weeks back on the way home my car started missing bad and backfiring like someone was lighting off sticks of dynamite under my car. I finally pulled over and had it towed.

I have HP tuners software and I was able to scan it and it came up with two CKP codes 0335 and 0336. I was able to replace it by dropping the starter. No big deal. I have found out that you must do a "learn" after replacing it. This was a bit touchy as you have to rev the car up to around 4k and the software takes over and you can't give it gas, that's when you immediately let off the gas and let it return to idle and turn off the car to save it. I swear this portion alone took forever (tries on different days.). It finally did a "learn" and no more codes

However, took it out for a test drive and KABOOM! big as back fire. So I'm thinking something else is wrong or even my reluctor wheel could be screwed.

This fortunately was no the case. Two new O2 sensors and everything is fine. Oh and a set of plugs.

I have a 98 Z28 with a 100 TnT wet Shot.

I was able to do a lot of searching on this site which was a great help.