Sponsored by:

Aftermarket pcm

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 05:07 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aftermarket pcm

This isn't goin on a LSx.. not even a v8... but i figured it would be the right place to ask. At school we have two teams working on two snowmobiles. One of them is thre new Yamaha phaser with the 500cc 4stroke twin. We are trying to use megasquirt to control that motor. The other one is a arctic car 666cc tripple 4 stroke. Right now we are using a piggy back controller to alter the 02 sensor. We wanted to use megasquirt to get rid of the piggy back but we ran into a problem. Acording to our advisor megasquirt only works on engines with in v formation (aka even number of cylinders) I don't know if i beleive this... could anyone confirm this and if so any recomendations on what aftermarket pcm to use to control a I3. TIA

I should add that these snowmobiles are competing in the Clean Snowmobile Challenge.... it has several parts including emissions, noise, fuel econ, and a track race.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:10 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

ttt please
Old 10-04-2006, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

wrong Megasquirt will work in any combustible engine except for diesel. Megasquirt works with 1-16 cylinder motors. Even or Odd fire will work. All you do is just specify in the tuning software.