PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here pass emissions without AIR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone here pass emissions without AIR?

Hey guys,

I've got a question about passing the "computer check" (when they plug into your ALDL port). I'm trying to figure out if I can disable the AIR codes in such a fashion that it turns off the PCM/VCM "AIR system check" without disabling the AIR system completely. Does that make sense?

Let me explain: I used to have an LT1 4th gen with LT1edit. I pulled off the emission stuff (Cats, EGR, AIR) and disabled the PCM "checks" via LT1edit. The car was a 96 (thus, an OBDII) and as such, they hooked into the PCM with their own computer. When they scanned the car the computer reported that the PCM's emission "tests" were failed. IOW, the inspection computer could tell that I had disabled the emission tests in the PCM. Bottom line, I failed inspection.

I am wondering if there is some kind of temp enable setting that you can set realy high to basically set the AIR emission test in a place that the engine will never see, thus effectively disabling that test while not outright disabling the test. Does that make sense?

What am I trying to do?

I'd like to put on some non-emission headers onto my '01 C5. However, I do plan on running cats, but the headers I'm looking at do not come with AIR fittings (I am buying them used). Basically, If I can get around the AIR system check, I'll be fine.

Anyone have experience with this?
Ryan