PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor swap, NO start, need HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Motor swap, NO start, need HELP!

Myself and a friend (Thals1kidii) just completed a motor swap. The car is a 98 Ta, the owners EX girlfriend decided to drain the oil from the motor while he was out at the bar. Needless to say the motor was junk. He decided to go thru his insurance company. They found him a low mileadge 99 motor. Well to make a long story short we put it in the car and it wont start.

When we pulled the old motor the crank sensor plug was over looked. The wires broke. The wires were repaired and ohmed to make sure there were no other breaks. The car has fuel, no spark. The grounds have been checked and rechecked. The SES light is on but EFI live pulls no codes. When cranking the motor, the tach does not move either does the oil pressure gauge. I tried a spare PCM, nothing. I have checked all the fuses, nothing, no spark. I have a small patch of hair left on my head to pull out then thats, it, its gone, no more hair.

Any ideas??
Old 09-26-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

Come on guys, I did a search. There are others that have had the same problem but after the problem was solved didnt come back and tell the rest of us what it was. Dont get me wrong there were a bunch who did, and I have learned alot from those posts!!
Old 10-01-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

Appreciate the help.