Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

po103 and SD on a c/h car

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default po103 and SD on a c/h car

Ever since I did the mods in my sig to the motor the pcm sets a po103 at WOT if I stay in it for more than a couple seconds. Before the tune I never got into it so I never new if it would set it then. On friday at the track it kept setting the code before the 60' mark, basically before I shifted into 2nd. My concern is that if it goes into SD mode at wide open throttle how do I know that the SD fuel tables are safe for my setup? The car ran a good MPH but I made 3 passes like this. I worried that I could have hurt something. I am new to the tuning part and I am going to learn it and get the equiptment in the future. I don't understand how I can be maxing out the MAF with the mild set up I have, From what i've learned this code sets when the PCM sees 14000 hz as an input from the MAF. I've been told that the code can be "turned off" but to me that does not fix the reason it came on in the 1st place. I will try cleaning the MAF but I never had this issue untill I did cam,heads and lt's. Thanks for any input
Old 10-01-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

SD mode drops to low octane table. Likely to be safe, but slow.
Do you only have the P0103 code?
Check your failure hz settings to make sure they are stock. Maybe someone messed with them.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

The only code is the p0103. Obviously there is noway that I can check the MAF setting without a tuner program, right?
Old 10-02-2006, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Also if I watch the Grams/sec on a scan tool what is the max # that it will show? I have access to a scan tool so maybe I can check it that way.