Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code p0327

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code p0327

i havea 2000 trans am ws6, was driving it the other day and the SES light came on, so i had a OBDII check the codes, and its throwing code P0327 and P0332, where is the knock sensor located on the car? and what should i check for faults on it? overtightening or bad connection or something? thanks
michael
Old 10-08-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

knock sensors are located right under the intake manifold. Have you been under the hood doing stuff before this happened?
Old 10-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Launching!

no, the only thing ive done is flush the radiator like 10 times cause it was dirty as hell in there,, the day the SES light came on, i had just finished flushing it and put the DEXCOOL premixed back in the radiator,, i also have changed the power steering pump & pulley due to the old power steering pulley BREAKING off of the pump, cause it wasn't put on straight/all the way

Last edited by michaelxx16; 10-09-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would reset the PCm and see if the code comes back again.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I'd reset and hope they don't come back. That's both sensors, didn't get any water under the intake, or where they connect to the harness behind the intake on the passenger side did you? Any unusual noises?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Sorry if I sound likea newb guys, I just got my first ls1 , this trans am, the 2 weeks ago , but how do I reset the pcm? And there is a wierd rattling noise in nuetral at idle, sounds like its coming from down atmy foot, can kinda feel it on the pedals or down near the floorboard atleast, was going to change the transmission fluid, thinking that's the reason for the noises, also gonna change the grease/fluid in the differential in the next few days,
Old 10-09-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

PCM Reset:

Turn key on, don't start car
Pull PCM BATT and PCM IGN fuses in engine compartment
Wait 5-10 min
Turn ignition off
Replace fuses

Sensors might just be doing what they're supposed to - check out that rattle. Oh yeah, idle will be grumpy after resetting the PCM for a few minutes.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
PCM Reset:

Turn key on, don't start car
Pull PCM BATT and PCM IGN fuses in engine compartment
Wait 5-10 min
Turn ignition off
Replace fuses

Sensors might just be doing what they're supposed to - check out that rattle. Oh yeah, idle will be grumpy after resetting the PCM for a few minutes.
What he said
Old 10-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Launching!

i reset the PCM, and i forgot to turn the ignition off before i put the fuses back in, and it made some wierd noises, but i reset it again like u said and this second time i turned off the ignition, and i reset it right, or i broke the pcm or something lol. I drove it maybe 2-3miles down the road and it never came back up. Also theres the Change oil light has come on... but it came on maybe 15-20 miles AFTER i changed the oil, is this just a light to get u to go back to teh dealership to get them 2 change ur oil? or is something wrong with my oil?...
Old 10-09-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Knock sensors usually won't throw codes until after it sees a problem over a couple ignition cycles. Oil Change light is something different - don't know if its related to resetting/reprogramming the PCM or not (probably not) - seems mine never comes on, but I play with my tune alot. Anyway, to reset that turn the key to run, hold and depress the trip/oil reset button on the dash a few seconds until it flashes and goes off. I don't go by the oil life system, do mine on mileage.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Launching!

think i spoke to soon, driving down the road after i changed the transmission fluid, and the SES light comes back on. So i go to my friends house to use his OBDII scanner, and same codes P0327 and P0332, knock sensor circuit somethin somethin somethin, , is it safe to drive the car with the SES light on throwing those 2 codes? and should i replace the sensors, sense i'm seeing alot of people with this problem, and changing the sensor seems to fix it for them.
BTW stock intake manifold and 87k on the car

Last edited by michaelxx16; 10-09-2006 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

You can replace the sensors but it's a lot of work to R&R the intake. Look up the individual codes for your year at gearchatter.com for diagnistics/what the PCM does when they're set.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by michaelxx16
no, the only thing ive done is flush the radiator like 10 times cause it was dirty as hell in there,, the day the SES light came on, i had just finished flushing it and put the DEXCOOL premixed back in the radiator,, i also have changed the power steering pump & pulley due to the old power steering pulley BREAKING off of the pump, cause it wasn't put on straight/all the way

Did you buy the car new (as in you the first owner)? Because that pulley does not usually break unless it has been pulled off for something like a head/cam swap or the like, we hammered it back on instead of using the other method. I know because mine broke after a H/C swap. I am replacing my factory style one with a synister pulley...just for the bling.

Last edited by ExceSSive; 10-10-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by michaelxx16
think i spoke to soon, driving down the road after i changed the transmission fluid, and the SES light comes back on. So i go to my friends house to use his OBDII scanner, and same codes P0327 and P0332, knock sensor circuit somethin somethin somethin, , is it safe to drive the car with the SES light on throwing those 2 codes? and should i replace the sensors, sense i'm seeing alot of people with this problem, and changing the sensor seems to fix it for them.
BTW stock intake manifold and 87k on the car

Mine threw that code when the knock sensors were disconnected...completely. I have not had the code since reconnecting it...now I just have false knock and some retard at random times, which does not set off an SES.

Also to reset an SES light you can disconnect the neg. battery terminal for 5-10 minutes and get the same result if you do not have HP tuners or a handheld scanner.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Did you buy the car new (as in you the first owner)? Because that pulley does not usually break unless it has been pulled off for something like a head/cam swap or the like, we hammered it back on instead of using the other method. I know because mine broke after a H/C swap. I am replacing my factory style one with a synister pulley...just for the bling.
i bought the car used maybe 2-3 weeks ago, the guy i bought it from replaced the other pump, so im guessing when he put the pully back on the new pump, he didnt put it on all the way/on right or something, because the pulley was digging into the resoivor causing it to leak and destroying the resoivor, and the center of the pulley, the part that is tight on the pump, was ripped off still on the pump with the belt and pulley just laying in my engine bay... sorry if this sounds like jibberish i'll re-word it 2morro tired as hell lol.

P0327
and
P0332
are the 2 codes it gave me, 2000 fbody P0327 and P0332, anyone could tell me if i am gonna have to change the sensors? or what else it could possibly be?
thanks for all the responses so far,
michael

Quick Reply: code p0327