Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 HPT help

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 HPT help

I put a ls7 in a CTSV has CAI and kooks 1 7/8 longtubes. looking for some tuneing help. I am using the stock LS6 computer. I have changed the cylender volume to compensate for the additional volume But i am having major problems with the basic tune. I have no idea where to begin with on the MAF/VE. I started with teh stock LS6 and x 1.25 and it was pig rich, from there i started going down and now i am at x 1.16 and in 3rd gear 3/4 throttle, it bucks and I get a reduced engine power message and it goes to limp home mode. i am stumped with this tune. i am just looking for a baseline to get started, and not get the "reduced engine power" and limp home mode.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would go back to 1.25 and work from there. You might want to find out what the stock timing for an LS7 is also as that can have a major effect on how it runs.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by c5racr1
I put a ls7 in a CTSV has CAI and kooks 1 7/8 longtubes. looking for some tuneing help. I am using the stock LS6 computer. I have changed the cylender volume to compensate for the additional volume But i am having major problems with the basic tune. I have no idea where to begin with on the MAF/VE. I started with teh stock LS6 and x 1.25 and it was pig rich, from there i started going down and now i am at x 1.16 and in 3rd gear 3/4 throttle, it bucks and I get a reduced engine power message and it goes to limp home mode. i am stumped with this tune. i am just looking for a baseline to get started, and not get the "reduced engine power" and limp home mode.
Todd, are you using a wideband? I can help walk you through the process. Let me know what equip you're using.. We'll get her running perfectly