Sponsored by:

99 FRC Tuners PLEASE Step in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 99 FRC Tuners PLEASE Step in!!!

Ok so heres the deal...

My 99 is supercharged with 9psi of boost. I had it tuned with 42# injectors and the injectors were maxed out at 116% Duty Cycle. So I bought some 57# Injectors and have had a lot of trouble since then. I finally got a decent tune on it with the new injectors and decided to go with some Long Tube headers from DRM. Again all hell has broke loose. I have tried everything from open loop SD, to going back to a stock tune with the IFR change. The car runs 17-18:1 lean for some strange reason. If you give it a bit of throttle real quick it will go to 15:1 but if you hold it, it goes lean off the charts again. It has a hard time idling and pops a lot. Does anyone have a clue as to what may be the problem? Thanks!
Old 10-11-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Offhand, I'd say it's the tune.

Seriously, there's allot of stuff it could be...from incorrect IFR table settings, VE issues, to plain old air leaks.

Provide a few more details, such as Fuel trim values at idle, O2 readings, MAP value, etc. and we may be able to help a bit more.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The idle issue and the popping is assosiated with the lean condidtion. I would get it tuned ASAP, lean like that will burn it down.