Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need A Tune

Old 10-15-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Johnsonville, SC; but orginally from GAINESVILLE, FL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I Need A Tune

Listen, before I go into the details, I am not bashing or trying to **** anyone off, I just seriously need a tune and that is it!

My car was seen by a tuner in Florida back in February and the results weren't the best and I spent over $600 on two trips, so I am looking for someone that that charges an intial fee and if I have changes later I pay for dyno time.

My car surges, stalls and the AC is a hit or miss in traffic. I just recently had a new transmission installed and a new TC, so driving long distances has me a bit nervous.

I really would prefer someone using the latest tuning software. I am almost to the point were I am going to buy the software myself and attempt to do this myself.

I seriously need some help, thank you.

Micah
Old 10-15-2006, 07:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MICAH HERRON
I am almost to the point were I am going to buy the software myself and attempt to do this myself.
in all seriousness it might be time to do just this rather then spending $400+ on a new tune + $100/hr dyno time for every little mod you do afterwards.

One way or the other tuning software/hardware is always going to be your best mod for the money...rather than you growing out of it the software grows with you

if you can put the time in to learn how to do it yourself its really your best bet.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by foff667
in all seriousness it might be time to do just this rather then spending $400+ on a new tune + $100/hr dyno time for every little mod you do afterwards.

One way or the other tuning software/hardware is always going to be your best mod for the money...rather than you growing out of it the software grows with you

if you can put the time in to learn how to do it yourself its really your best bet.
True, but I still have a car that will be running like "booty" until I get it worked out. I really need my car running so I can drive it.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you might wanna find a tuner that will do some street tuning then at a minimum so they know what the issues your having are exactly.

I just hate to see people throwing good money at bad...been down that road already.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by foff667
you might wanna find a tuner that will do some street tuning then at a minimum so they know what the issues your having are exactly.

I just hate to see people throwing good money at bad...been down that road already.
Thanks, I think once I get all of my kinks worked out, I will be investing in my own tuning setup/software!

Search this Thread