PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would ABS delete cause code U1000?

Old 10-21-2006, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Would ABS delete cause code U1000?

My PCM is now throwing this code and I'm not to sure where its coming from.

I have removed the ABS system including the reluctor ring from the differential (spool).

I'm about to get the car emissions tested and just want to make sure it won't prevent passing the readiness test.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 430 Likes on 306 Posts

That communications code is irrelevant to anything. As long as a code doesn't start with P (powertrain code), you will pass emissions readiness.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
That communications code is irrelevant to anything. As long as a code doesn't start with P (powertrain code), you will pass emissions readiness.
Thanks Gametech. What exactly causes tha code to trip?

Also, there are no P codes. In fact the U code is the only one that is tripping but some of the internal tests aren't "complete". I'm guessing I can just change some of the codes to Error Mode 3 to get them to show "complete". If i'm not mistaking they have have to be complete to pass the test right?

Attached is the file I saved from the scan.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
DTCs.txt (412 Bytes, 70 views)
Old 10-22-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 430 Likes on 306 Posts

As best I can tell, the fact that YOU are communicating with the pcm instead of the normal pcm-bcm com is what causes the U1000. The code has always been there, it's just that the latest tuning software allows you to see it.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A U1000 code means that the PCM cannot communicate with another module. Which module is offline who knows. The PCM sends a "wakeup" call to each module on the serial data circuit, if it doesn't receive a "state of health" message from every module it will set the U1000 code. It probably was triggered because of your ABS mods, if the Brake control module is disconnected it will cause that code to set.As far as emmisions go Gametech is right, it won't affect how the car runs at all, unless you are smogging it in California. Cali. smog stations look for any trouble codes, and if the "check engine" light is on it is an automatic failure, regardless of the effect that code has on emissions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would ABS delete cause code U1000?