PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO336 code on new 408" startup, wont idle or run more than a few seconds???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PO336 code on new 408" startup, wont idle or run more than a few seconds???

I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is but before I go spend the money I hope to run it by a few of you.

1) Brand new 408" motor. First time it fired up, it ran fine and would idle if I held the gas. I brought it up to 2500-3000 rpm several times with light throttle. Seemed to run with no problems

2) One of the cylinder heads ripped a rocker stud out of the head after about 2 minutes of running.

3)Tore it all down and had the headers out etc several times after putting it back together chasing a starter and ground problem.

4) Now restart with it all right and it fires up and idles for about 3-5 seconds and then it wont rev clean if at all. Kinda pops misses in the intake and cant keep it running, stumbles and dies between 5-10 seconds. Car now has a PO336 Crank Sensor Code

Do you guys think something on the crank sensor went bad or anything like that?? I cannot do a CASE learn or anything because it has to run to do it.

I figure I need to replace the crank sensor and check the wires going into it...but before I tear down the starter/headers etc to get to it I want to make sure I got a good idea what the problem is.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah i would just check for a loose crank or unpluged cam sensor. Hope it goes well!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced crank sensor, runs great now, thanks man.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AWSOME!!! hopefully your weather is better where you are than where i am so you can be havin fun with that thing!!!

Quick Reply: PO336 code on new 408" startup, wont idle or run more than a few seconds???