Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCC slip???

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCC slip???

I recently monitored the "tcc slip" parameter in the VCM scanner (HPTUNERS). It shows that when the car is in drive but not moving that slip is about 200 %.

When the TCC is locked, it shows that slip is about 80%. That said, the TCC feels locked and engine speed matches RPM as it should.

Am I misinterpreting what this parameter is? Is there a problem in the transmission?

Sam
Old 10-25-2006, 11:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You might get better info from looking at the straight slip
RPM. That should be zero or less than 1 RPM, if you're really
locked and you always get a sane number at least.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by samgm2
I recently monitored the "tcc slip" parameter in the VCM scanner (HPTUNERS). It shows that when the car is in drive but not moving that slip is about 200 %.

When the TCC is locked, it shows that slip is about 80%. That said, the TCC feels locked and engine speed matches RPM as it should.

Am I misinterpreting what this parameter is? Is there a problem in the transmission?

Sam
You need to look at actual TCC slip speed. With everything normal, and at 50-60 mph, on flat level road at very light load with TCC engaged your slip speed should be less than 50 RPM's, sometimes the slip is 0-5 RPM. The TCC is alowed to slip 150 RPM's before the dreaded P1870 code sets.

Quick Reply: TCC slip???