Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0300 code... please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0300 code... please help!

I've read all the posts on this code and it seems like it could be anything (code is random/multiple misfire), so I'll just list the symptoms and see if someone could narrow it down for me. The car was running fine and I was sitting there letting it warm up (it was raining). All the sudden the car started running really rough and it started throwing ses light at me and the other engine light. It smells super rich (thought I had a fuel leak), and runs like general crap. Car has a hard time keeping idle. When it starts up cold, the car seems okay, but as soon as any load is on the engine, the idle is not holding and acts like it wants to stall. When I'm driving, there is a huge loss of power and does not run smooth at all. The ses light comes on and off also, especially under load. Any help would be great... thanks.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check for leaks in the intake tract after the MAF or exhaust leaks near the O2 sensors. Try swapping front and rear 02 sensors also... You may have a bad one, but only the fronts will affect the idle.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Teching In

my rear O2's are deleted. I'll try checking after MAF. Man, this sucks!
Old 10-30-2006, 05:07 PM
11 Second Club

My wife's started out the same way you are describing then it wouldn't start at all. See what I did here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=10