Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT 2/3 Bar Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPT 2/3 Bar Upgrade

I cannot find any info whatsoever on how to upgrade to the 2/3bar support for my HPT. Does anyone know?

The HPT guys must be like out of town or something. Normally they answer my questions within 30 mins, but Ive been waiting to hear from them on this simple question for more than 4 hours now.

I need the 2/3 bar licensing ASAP and am ready to pay. ive posted this question on hpt forums and have gotten no answers...why is this such a mystery?????????????????????
Old 11-02-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are probable all at SEMA
Old 11-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kbracing96
They are probable all at SEMA
Ahh, true! That must be it. But still, they should have someone working.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

have to pay them through paypal and state you want 2 or 3 bar upgrade, then send them your .hpt file, once they get all that they will put a download for you on you customer page

im still waiting on them to figure out why 3 bar isnt an option on my 99 TTA HPT screen, i can select 2 bar, but not three bar.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSkeet
Ahh, true! That must be it. But still, they should have someone working.
not when only two or three guys work for the company.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
have to pay them through paypal and state you want 2 or 3 bar upgrade, then send them your .hpt file, once they get all that they will put a download for you on you customer page

im still waiting on them to figure out why 3 bar isnt an option on my 99 TTA HPT screen, i can select 2 bar, but not three bar.
how much is it for the 2bar upgrade? So it is not a software license, but rather a vehicle specific license? I was hoping I could just buy credits and then use the credits to unlock the feature in the software. I thought thats how it worked with the new credit system.

Also, Chris posted at the HPT forums and said they are all at Sema and were processing orders but that their remote system failed or something like that and they wont be able to process orders till they get back on Saturday.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ the process above was the old method... the new method you can apply yourself

I know 1 bar vin locked is 1 credit, i believe vin locked 2/3 bar is 2 credits... but you can verify for sure by taking your current binary... upgrade to whichever you want (it's in the OS section) then try to write to the PCM (write entire). It will prompt you for various licensing amounts (assuming you're using the USB version, otherwise for Serial version you have to do as mentioned above)
Old 11-02-2006, 03:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...9644#post59644

the upgrade is now done by the end user.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, if you have the MPVI (usb) unit. If you still have a serial unit, you have to send the bin to them.

It was 2 credits to turn on 2-bar for my '98. It's good only for that specific vehicle. I had to buy the credits online, wait for the email with the new key, which let the unit know I now owned 2 more credits. They turned it around the same afternoon.