Sponsored by:

Dyno tuning Pros A/F ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dyno tuning Pros A/F ???

Hey Guys,

I have a question for some of the guys that are good at dyno tuning WOT. When trying to figure out what the best A/F is for the specific vehicle on the dyno, where do you add and subtract the fuel? Are you changing the VE table in the 95-105 KPA (NA) area or are you changing the PE? The reason that I ask is that in all of my reading and dialing things in, I have read that you are supposed to set the PE to what you want and move the VE values around until you get to the PE desired value. I know that 90% of the dynotuning that happens, happens in 2 hours or so. Unless you are running in OL, there is no way to properly dial in the VE table in that amount of time. I am running HPTuners in OLSD.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guys that do it in 2 hours on the dyno are playing with the PE and injector flow rate tables. I haven't seen guys adjust the VE table on the dyno unless it's to address lean tip-ins on transient throttle.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From what I have read, messing with the flow rates is a no no. Kind of a band aid but I guess that it is no more a band aid than messing with the PE table as it should be a set value.