Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuner help!!???

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question HP Tuner help!!???

Thus far, here is basically what I have done. I owned a Hypertech tuner...loaded it, read the VCM and saved the settings. I unmarried the Hypertech from the car...sold the tuner, and then loaded the file back onto the car...

It now runs the tune the Hypertech had, which technically is fine. However, the car is running lean, which I already knew. I am now trying to add fuel over 4k rpms to compensate for this. I'm going to buy a Wideband O2 really soon and that will help...but how do I actually add fuel to the timing table???

I lowered the AFR to 12.8 verses stoichiometric value at like 14.something. I haven't run any logs yet...but I'm curious to see the results.

Anyhow, if someone could tell me how to add fuel to the curve, I would REALLY appreciate it. At about 4400rpms, my knock retard sensor is cranking out 4, then about 3 at 5200rpms, then 2 at 5500rpms, etc.

I love this program, but it is so incredibly complex, I'm having a very hard time with it I've read a ton of stuff about it, but I'm still confused
Old 11-23-2006, 08:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

use the pe multiplier table under the Engine-Fuel control-power enrichment tabs to change wot fueling.

read the tuning 101 guide in the stickies at the top of this section & read through the help file in hptuners...if you haven't signed up on our site now would be a good time to do that as well.

lata
Bill
Old 11-24-2006, 10:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can also go into the tune file repository area
and inspect any of the tunes there, look for cars
similar in mods to your own and purporting to have
a good / finished result. Then you can get a good
idea of what's a "normal" fueling and timing for the
setup you have. At least as a sensible start.