PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

high idle...

Old 11-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default high idle...

Anyone know if there is a way to get rid of/prevent the high idle code from coming up? It's the one last code that I'm having trouble with coming up with my new ls2/402 setup... the car idles around 875 to 1000, junps arounda little bit, but a 12.8-1 compression big cammed motor is gonna do that I think.

If anyone's had any experience getting that to stop coming up, please speak up. I haven't really addressed it with my tuner yet, just want to see if anyone's had this problem, what they did to get rid of it.... so I have some ideas to help the process along.

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a table that "acceptable" rpms to tps%. You just need to zero out the first few cells to make it acceptable to have 0% tps while rpms are at 900-1000.

Originally Posted by EFI Live
{C3907}TPS Vs RPM Test Lower
For this diagnostic test the PCM will monitor the actual TPS position and engine RPM then referring to this table will expect the TPS to be above/equal to these values for a given RPM.
For cammed cars that idle above stock RPMs the lower thresholds may need to be lowered to stop a TPS fault code being set.

Search this Thread