PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle and accel. help

Old 11-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle and accel. help

Its a 98 6spd. T-rex cam pacesetters and duals, Fast 90/90. stock heads.
The car will not start with out me pushing the gas, then it will not stay running. Thats the first problem. The 2nd problem is that while driving the car in a gear if you give it gas it stumbles/chokes, then when you get up above about 4000 rmp's it clears up and runs awsome. What do I need to adjust or where to start. I have hp tuners sofware. Still new at this whole tuning stuff. I would upload the file but the hp tuners is on my laptop witch is dial up and my house is cable. Thanks in advance Shaun
Old 11-30-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by st30thz4
Its a 98 6spd. T-rex cam pacesetters and duals, Fast 90/90. stock heads.
The car will not start with out me pushing the gas, then it will not stay running. Thats the first problem. The 2nd problem is that while driving the car in a gear if you give it gas it stumbles/chokes, then when you get up above about 4000 rmp's it clears up and runs awsome. What do I need to adjust or where to start. I have hp tuners sofware. Still new at this whole tuning stuff. I would upload the file but the hp tuners is on my laptop witch is dial up and my house is cable. Thanks in advance Shaun
You need to start with the stickies at the top of this forum...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/287094-read-me-first-tuning-docs-ve-maf-ses-lights-faqs-more-01-31-07-a.html
Old 11-30-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
You need to start with the stickies at the top of this forum...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287094
Those stickies only cover the basics, these are isolated issues that the basics do not cover.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

To me, it sounds like it's either running rich because he hasn't touched the VE table yet (basic tuning) or he hasn't tweaked the idle spark and/or base running airflow for the IAC (basic idle tuning). Both of those are in the stickies....

Until he provides more detail with a few logs and those procedures have been gone through....nobody is going to be of any help because we don't know what's going on with the car.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
To me, it sounds like it's either running rich because he hasn't touched the VE table yet (basic tuning) or he hasn't tweaked the idle spark and/or desired airflow for the IAC (basic idle tuning). Both of those are in the stickies...
All of that has been done. I've been trying to help him with this some, but I haven't been able to sit down and actually look at the logs or anything... I've just ridden in the car. The LTFT's are pretty well perfect, and the tune he put in this car came from a car that has the same mods in it. One thing I wonder is if they come out different because this car he is working on right now is a 98. I know 98's can be a pain, but I've never had experience with one before, so I'm not much help there.

Search this Thread