Sponsored by:

budget scanning and tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 04:14 PM
SPL
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question budget scanning and tuning

I've been looking for an inexpensive way to scan and tune my 2001 z28. I came across the site http://scantool.net It looks like for $59.95 you get all the hardware you need and the software is free. http://www.scantool.net/?mode=displa...y=ScanTool.net

Has anyone used this? Will it work for my vehicle? With that hardware will I also be able to use a software like tunercat to tune my vehicle?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the main problem with that scantool is that it only scans GM generic parameters meaning no knock retard, no commanded a/f ratio, etc. making things very hard to tune. You might wanna strongly consider a full tuning suite such as hptuners which may be a little more $ up front at $499 but in the end will offer you a more complete & more user friendly package with a comprehensive help file and a support forum with over 5100 members.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what you are needing, I would look into EFILive. If you are only wanting to tune your vehicle, then the V1 interface has everything you will ever need. Priced at $549 you will never have to upgrade your hardware. This will allow you to use a wideband interface if you choose to, install any of EFIlive's custom operating systems at no cost, free software updates and offers you the most sophisticated scanning program available on the market.