Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone using sct...trying to decide

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone using sct...trying to decide

i'm going to cam my car with a TSP T2 cam and i was wondering if i can get away with tuning my car with a diablo or sct tuner...it seems like it has all the same values and options of a HP or Edit set up (not that i'm an expert in this or something)but without luggin the lapton around....my girl just got an sct for he stang and i like the idea of saving the three tunes, being able to switch them up so easliy....need some input and opnions from those who know....

thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Default me too.....

.....i'd also like to know more info about these,the mustang people seem to live by them!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT194CamaroZ
.....i'd also like to know more info about these,the mustang people seem to live by them!

they sure as hell do...my only gripe is that her car went to knockin a day after she loaded the tune so she's been back and forth with mustangtuning.com trying to get it right....i'd be more into going to the dyno and having it dialed in, then saving various tunes, like an N20, NA tune, race gas tune etc etc....
Old 12-06-2006, 02:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why not get a full tuning solution and have infinite tunes and flexibility?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ringram
Why not get a full tuning solution and have infinite tunes and flexibility?

guess it has to do with not being able to self tune....i could buy HP or Edit but i'd still have to pay someone to tune it....
Old 12-06-2006, 09:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use it to tune my car, but my opinion is a little biased.

The SCT XCalibrator 2 adds features not available by other tuning companies.

First, the major difference, is the customer gets a handheld tuner that stores your factory tune, and then allows you to change between 3 custom tunes with the handheld.

Second, the custom tuning dealers have a phone tech support they can call to get help, or create starting files for them.

Ryan
Old 12-06-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01black
guess it has to do with not being able to self tune....i could buy HP or Edit but i'd still have to pay someone to tune it....
Well you still have to tell SCT what you want changing. Its just a small step up to telling hpt or efi what to change. You will outgrow the handhelds in no time. Id go straight to the top. You wont regret it. Get yourself a christmas present..
Old 12-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slow
I use it to tune my car, but my opinion is a little biased.

The SCT XCalibrator 2 adds features not available by other tuning companies.

First, the major difference, is the customer gets a handheld tuner that stores your factory tune, and then allows you to change between 3 custom tunes with the handheld.

Second, the custom tuning dealers have a phone tech support they can call to get help, or create starting files for them.

Ryan

where did you buy yours? my girl got hers at american muscle (formerly mustang tuning) so i'm thinking their not going to be much help in the way of custom tunes for an LS1....
Old 12-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The SCT handhelds for both GM and Ford have a limited number of "tunes" stored. To do any "custom" tuning you still need the EDIT software, or go back and forth with SCT and have them make changes and send them to you via the internet.
If you choose a SCT for your GM, there is a network of dealers/programmers that can tune it for you. you can find the list of deaters at their website.
We sell and use SCT for the Fords. We dont have any exp with them for GMs.
The advantage of a handheld is the car owner always has the OE tune and the ability to reflash it to the PCM.
The disadvantage is you have to make that additional sale, on top of the dyno tuning.
Overall the SCT products are first class. A competent tuner can do the same thing with SCT as the other big names in the game.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
The SCT handhelds for both GM and Ford have a limited number of "tunes" stored. To do any "custom" tuning you still need the EDIT software, or go back and forth with SCT and have them make changes and send them to you via the internet.
If you choose a SCT for your GM, there is a network of dealers/programmers that can tune it for you. you can find the list of deaters at their website.
We sell and use SCT for the Fords. We dont have any exp with them for GMs.
The advantage of a handheld is the car owner always has the OE tune and the ability to reflash it to the PCM.
The disadvantage is you have to make that additional sale, on top of the dyno tuning.
Overall the SCT products are first class. A competent tuner can do the same thing with SCT as the other big names in the game.

nice....what company are you?