Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G Tech Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G Tech Pro

i just bought one and was wondering how accurate they really are? does anyone have one and compared it after taking it to the track? thanks
Old 12-16-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by highheat99
i just bought one and was wondering how accurate they really are? does anyone have one and compared it after taking it to the track? thanks
That are only as accurate as the information you give them, make sure the weight of the car is programmed in. Make sure its all level and reading zero before the launch, and they are epretty accurte for times / speed.

However its calculated HP/TQ is not far off, but then you need to take into account wind drag etc.., but there is a spread sheet on the Gtech forum that someone write to convert the HP calculated in Gtech to Flywheel HP and RW HP.

I wouldn't sugest saying the Gtech if spot on for HP/TQ measurements if ou ar comparing it to someone run on the dyno.

Use the Gtech to see if you are doing better or worse than your previous run. mainly got mine to see if I'm making performance improvements, its a pretty handy tool for that.