Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few tuning questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few tuning questions

Keep in mind I'm new to tuning and am hoping that someone can help me keep going in the right direction. I'm running in open loop speed density mode right now while I'm trying to get my VE table straightend out. Over the course of the last week I've made several logs and there are a few things that I keep seeing that I think that I need to address. All of my questions concern EFI Live since thats the software I'm using.

The first thing that I am consistantly seeing is a overly high injector duty cycle. In the log that I've attatched it's @ 151.5% . I also notice that my AFR keeps climbing the higher I get in the IDC. I'm guessing that this means I'm going to have to goto 60# injectors.

I'm also curious about knock retard. The only place that I seem to see it is when I'm lugging the Blazer and it's never more than 3 degrees. Over the course of the week I've taken some timing out of the lower areas where I was seeing this, is this the right thing to do? There is an example of the lugging KR in the log I've attatched.

I'm not seeing any KR @ WOT does this mean that I can up the timing in the higher RPM ranges until I see it and then back it off a couple degrees?

Is the correct way to figure what my actual boost is by taking in my case 147 Kpa subract 105 Kpa divide that 42 by 105 then multiply that by 105 which would give me a total boost of 5.88?

If anyone has time to look @ this log and help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Also if there is anything that I'm missing when I'm looking @ the log please point it out also.

How close is the calculated torque to being actual?

Thanks,

Bill
Attached Files
File Type: efi
Log_Bill Johnson_0007.efi (286.1 KB, 58 views)
Old 12-17-2006, 01:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, it sounds like its time for larger injectors.

As for timing, upping the timing to the point of KR doesnt necessarily mean you'll make more power FWIW.

Im almost positive theres a way you can convert kpa to boost in efilive

I know in hptuners I have to make a custom pid for it, but its pretty simple...its just manifold air pressure in psi-14.7 or whatever
Old 12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
The know it all's know it all

How the fuel pressure and flow holding up ???? 42pph injectors should be good for at least 650crank hp with ease in a sequential system. I would put a pressure guage on there and see if something else is afoot.

Originally Posted by billyjo
Keep in mind I'm new to tuning and am hoping that someone can help me keep going in the right direction. I'm running in open loop speed density mode right now while I'm trying to get my VE table straightend out. Over the course of the last week I've made several logs and there are a few things that I keep seeing that I think that I need to address. All of my questions concern EFI Live since thats the software I'm using.

The first thing that I am consistantly seeing is a overly high injector duty cycle. In the log that I've attatched it's @ 151.5% . I also notice that my AFR keeps climbing the higher I get in the IDC. I'm guessing that this means I'm going to have to goto 60# injectors.

I'm also curious about knock retard. The only place that I seem to see it is when I'm lugging the Blazer and it's never more than 3 degrees. Over the course of the week I've taken some timing out of the lower areas where I was seeing this, is this the right thing to do? There is an example of the lugging KR in the log I've attatched.

I'm not seeing any KR @ WOT does this mean that I can up the timing in the higher RPM ranges until I see it and then back it off a couple degrees?

Is the correct way to figure what my actual boost is by taking in my case 147 Kpa subract 105 Kpa divide that 42 by 105 then multiply that by 105 which would give me a total boost of 5.88?

If anyone has time to look @ this log and help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Also if there is anything that I'm missing when I'm looking @ the log please point it out also.

How close is the calculated torque to being actual?

Thanks,

Bill
Old 12-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

What Calibration and Operating System are you using on this setup? Could you elaborate on your setup? Fueling, injector size, fuel rail pressure? What kind of MAP sensor? Sounds like an interesting setup.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

I'm running the custom operating system 02020003, radix with a 3.2 pulley on a 2005 LQ4. It's got a GT2-3 cam, LS6 springs, 90mm LS2 throttle body, Stainless Works headers and 3 in exhaust back to the mufflers. There is an in tank Walboro 255 running a -6an line to a corvette type filter/regulator from there -6an to the fuel rail. The injectors that come with the radix are 42lbs. pressure @ the rail is 58. I have a 2 bar map sensor.

I ordered the parts today so that I can log the fuel pressure with EFI Live. I'm having a hard time trying to keep it straight and watch the fuel pressure @ the same time. The little bit that I have watched it seems to be holding steady and not dropping off.

Thanks,

Bill