PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner?

Old 12-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuner?

What is the best tuner to buy for the money? I need one that will delete the AIR, EGR, and rear O2 codes...
Old 12-22-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i belive that will be custom at a shop.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gimmie a little while. My vinci tuner was cool with the rear o2s. Instead of unplugging them i just ziptied them to the frame, no codes. The perameters are set so high that they can smell strait air and trigger no codes. My next thing is to do a LS6 intake swap, which will delete my EGR...and hell the AIR too. Im sure that if i run into any SES Vinci can help me out. The customer service is awesome. Not to mention the Tuner can tune for a cam. I havent run across anyone else who has tuned in a cam with this thing, but i plan on puting up a write-up/dyno graph when im done.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:07 AM
SPL
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is a vinci tuner?
Old 12-23-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

http://www.vincihighperformance.com/...FO%20PAGE.HTML

Its basically the CraneCams tuner, only from the people who make the crane tuner. Better customer service.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:27 AM
That's what she said...

HPTuners can be had for a slight more money than the Vinci, and you can adjust how fast the damn blinkers blink with the bitch.

Handheld tuners are for highschool kids with flowmasters on their single cab Chevy......
Old 12-23-2006, 08:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Handheld tuners are for highschool kids with flowmasters on their single cab Chevy......
nice moderating skills...

while it is great for the persons listed above, they are also great for those that don't want to learn how to use full on editing software, and/or don't have a tuning shop within, say, 8 hours of them.

here's a webpage i made for the vinci tuner
http://www.stealthram.com/vhptuner.htm

now, the vinci doesn't actually delete the codes, but as one has already said, it sets the parameters for enough apart to where the SES light shouldn't come on. and i have seen this personally on a friend's car.

i have been using the vinci tuner for about 2 years now. even tuned the wife's car back when i put heads on it, then later a cam.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

We have hand held programmers you can buy thru us. They come with 3 of OUR tunes, IT isnt a boxed programmer, They are made to your mods/specs/requests.

We also have a programmed spare computer fully programmed to what you need for only 158.10.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:18 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by mrr23
nice moderating skills...

Nice nustwinging skills!

Now get back to searching "Vinci" 100 times a day......
Old 12-23-2006, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

you like that didn't you?

at least i didn't try to demean anyone's intelligence by belittling someone that would want to use a handheld.

and hey, i've cut back. i'm down to 50 times a day....
Old 12-23-2006, 04:34 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by mrr23
you like that didn't you?

at least i didn't try to demean anyone's intelligence by belittling someone that would want to use a handheld.

and hey, i've cut back. i'm down to 50 times a day....

I do believe my original statement is known as "the general consensus", I just chose to voice it a bit differently.

I'm proud of you!

Oh and BTW, don't speak of anyone else's moderating skills, when you got fired from the moderator position IIRC.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

I do believe my original statement is known as "the general consensus", I just chose to voice it a bit differently.
well let the general public say how they want to. with your name being in green, the vendors might not take to it very well when you word it that way as well as the people thinking about getting one.

I'm proud of you!
thanks!! it's the slow season.

Oh and BTW, don't speak of anyone else's moderating skills, when you got fired from the moderator position IIRC.
yeah, i love how i was given a moderator position for about 12 hours here. instead of being 'fired' let's just say the 'promotion' didn't go over to well with a few of the current moderators here. do something good for the community, get a reward for it, then have it taken away because of concerns i would be more biased towards vinci. yet, i see sponsor/moderators on this board (talk about conflict).

either way, i own two boards of my own, admin/webmaster another local club and am a super moderator of ls1.com (say what you want, it's still a good place). i still give advise here. just not as much as i used to.

my point was, as a moderator, your responses should be more generic. after all, that's why they decided against keeping me as a moderator ASSuming i would be biased. i did say i would mention vinci first if they were asking about sponsors here locally. so, partially my fault.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:07 PM
That's what she said...

You know, you're right.

My statement about the handheld tuners was a bit harsh. I have thought it over and it would be a better solution to some. I suppose I was a bit fired up last night when I moved the thread in here from my section, bad judgement on my part, and thanks for pointing it out for me.

I get steered onto the warpath (by your quoted reply) a bit too easily at times.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:10 PM
10 Second Club

ah, i'm just as bad about it as well at times. after getting the same question 100 times....

but hey, i'm cutting back...
Old 12-23-2006, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Damn! This place needed a little action
Old 12-23-2006, 05:25 PM
10 Second Club

thanks, i'm here 'til thursday.....
Old 12-23-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

Im a little curious about ripping the EGR and AIR off my car and the SES light. Say it does throw a code, can i send my tuner to yall and have those things cut off? Im almost positive that ripping all the junk out and just having dangling plug-ins for the EGR and AIR will throw codes.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

you will have to contact vinci directly to see if they would modify the program.

i can say that a friend of mine that took everything off, EGR, AIR, CATS, rear o2s, didn't have a light come on. there are others on here that have said the same thing. but, no gaurantees.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Launching!

I live in BF Kentucky and don't have access to a shop that custom tunes, or that would be a consideration. I'd drive 100 miles or so after cam, heads, and other major mods where a tune would make a difference, but not just to kill a SES light. I was looking at handhelds to keep the SES light off, it annoys me. I'd rather it only come on when there is really a problem. I just don't want to waste money on one that won't eliminate the AIR, EGR, and rear O2 codes...
Old 12-23-2006, 10:39 PM
10 Second Club

the only handheld that i know of that will delete codes is the predator. from what i've read, you can actually turn off the codes without having a custom tune emailed to you. if not, then get a custom tuned emailed to you and upload it to the car.

Search this Thread