PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP-ZO6 Mass air sensor, resister?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SLP-ZO6 Mass air sensor, resister?

I hade to remove the Resister from my LS1 SLP 85mm ZO6 mass air sensor.

I was having my 01 SS Procharged camaro Dyno tuned and the car was stumbling bad off idle giving the car a wack at the throttle .

My tunner swaped My Mass air for a ZO6 mass air sensor that he had borrowed off a 02 ZO6 . Saying it was a bad mass air sensor ( So i bought a new SLP zo6 mass air/ with the resistor like my old one)

This Mass air that my tuner swaped mine out for was not a SLP mass air sensor.

so it did not have a resistor , so i desoldered mine and took the restor off.

IT Fixed the stumble but my car still has a hesitation and a drop in RPM when i come off the clucth to roll out after being stoped at a light-or stop sign.

I kinda have to wake up the throttle and peddle her to get the RMP up enough , to get ther car to roll out of first gear , with out maybe the car stumbling off stalling ,

Its very frusting to drive some of the times, The car is not right , but it only does it at a stop and comming off the clutch in normal driving . Start up is good and idle is good.

I wanted to know If the SLP - ZO6 Mass air has anything else done to it besides the resistor soldered to it . I did not try to drive around using the real-original ZO6 mass air , (Dam i wish now that i did)

And what exactly does this resistor do?

Please help me out.