Old 12-25-2006, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A little help please!!!

Working on 2000 C5 Corvette.

I'm getting a couple of codes on the Vette. They are: P 1120
P 1220
P 1516.

What do you think I should do. I Pulled off the Vaccum lines at the throttle body and the one that's on the pass. front of the intake. I capped them off. I cleaned the air intake boot, and wipped out the inside of the throttlw body. And now, my car is in "Reduces Engine Power" and I have these codes... Please help. I just want my car to run...

Thanks
Old 12-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please help me out...must be turkey brain...these codes happened before or after you pulled the vaccuum lines?
Old 12-25-2006, 07:00 PM
11 Second Club

After. I had a stalling problem. And I wanted to eliminate any poss. So, I pulled them, and capped them off.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.gearchatter.com/viewforum...ys=0&start=100
Old 12-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First things first, your sig describes a bad *** setup, (and further noticing your location) that without stepping on anybody's toes, obviously has been tuned to some degree being that this is an A4, and with that setup probably wouldn't be too happy of a camper untuned. With that said, the original stalling, was this in P/N? or Drive, or both? Can you further describe speeds, load conditions when this stalling happened. Most likely the cause is the airflow tables and or spark tables being slightly off. This just happens to be one of the most time consuming parts of a tune on a bad *** A4 setup like this. Matters are not any better given the electronic throttlebody. This is where a Moates Road Runner really shines to nail down a tune like this. I would put the vaccuum lines back on to start.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

I pulled off the driver's side valve cover. Yes, well, I found our little problem... #7 cylinder rocker pedistol is broken. I can't believe it. I'll call Texas Speed on Wednesday. I'm sure Jason, and Jon will take care of me.. I'll let you guys know how it goes. The motor, heads rear-end and tranny only have 5 miles on it.