PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI LIVE vs. DIABLO PREDATOR????????

Old 01-01-2007, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFI LIVE vs. DIABLO PREDATOR????????

which of the preditor and efi live is better to tune with i am getting down to the nitty gritty with my swap and am almost ready for something to tune with...my application is simple right now stock ls1 with nitrous..but next winter already planned on superchareing with cam and converter.. so i figure i might as well get the tuner i can use after that is done instead of haveing to buy another later..any input will be apreciated..thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 11:45 PM
11 Second Club

You are comparing the space shuttle to a paper plane here. The diablo will programme canned tunes Efilive is a full tuning suite. Go with Efilive or HPtuners.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5.7 UTE is correct. They are not even comparable. Efilive has the tables you need to do things correctly. The handheld can not do that for you at all.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5.7 ute
You are comparing the space shuttle to a paper plane here.
That has to be the quote of the year IMO.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

get hptuners or efi live and skip the junk diablow
Old 01-02-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by s10_ls1
which of the preditor and efi live is better to tune with i am getting down to the nitty gritty with my swap and am almost ready for something to tune with...my application is simple right now stock ls1 with nitrous..but next winter already planned on superchareing with cam and converter.. so i figure i might as well get the tuner i can use after that is done instead of haveing to buy another later..any input will be apreciated..thanks
Well, since you have a stock combo now, why not go with the Predator, it will allow you to do basic tuning plus give you some diagnostic capabilities and data monitoring. Then, once your ready to do the blower, you can have a custom tune done ar any of our CMR dealers and have it loaded itno the Predator.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

thanks guys thats the answer i figure d i was gonna get my dad has efi live and loves it but some peep i talked to said the diablo was the **** and the way to go and i didnt know anyhting about it so i figured why not ask everybody here thanks for the help i think i know what i need to buy...lol
Old 01-02-2007, 08:37 AM
On the tree

I have the Diablo, it is prob the best handheld on the market, but it can not do what the laptop tuning suites can do right now. If Predator would of have been on the ball and made the full tuning software availiable to the consumer it might have a chance but until then you either have to go to one of the dealers that has the CMR tuning program or do the tune thru email option.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sneakyws6
I have the Diablo, it is prob the best handheld on the market, but it can not do what the laptop tuning suites can do right now. If Predator would of have been on the ball and made the full tuning software availiable to the consumer it might have a chance but until then you either have to go to one of the dealers that has the CMR tuning program or do the tune thru email option.
Full tuning software available to the public? Hmmm....keep your eyes and ears open.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by s10_ls1
thanks guys thats the answer i figure d i was gonna get my dad has efi live and loves it but some peep i talked to said the diablo was the **** and the way to go and i didnt know anyhting about it so i figured why not ask everybody here thanks for the help i think i know what i need to buy...lol
Those people you know that like the diablo tuner probably never worked with EFI live so they have no idea what they are missing.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
Those people you know that like the diablo tuner probably never worked with EFI live so they have no idea what they are missing.
Yeah, but the greatest tuning software in the world for someone who does not know how to tune is just asking for trouble. Not everyone is capable of tuning their own vehicles. And not every one wants to leave it to a so called 'pro', only to have to hunt this guy down every time they want to scan, tune, or reflash to stock as alot of newer vehicles need to do for warranty repair.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Yeah, but the greatest tuning software in the world for someone who does not know how to tune is just asking for trouble. Not everyone is capable of tuning their own vehicles. And not every one wants to leave it to a so called 'pro', only to have to hunt this guy down every time they want to scan, tune, or reflash to stock as alot of newer vehicles need to do for warranty repair.
I see what you mean but learning to tune is not that hard as long as you take the time and read up on it first. It might seem so much information over load at first (like the first week you have it)but before you know it will be all easy.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:02 PM
On the tree

True, but not all people have a laptop that is needed as well in order to tune. If what I heard about Diablo coming out with a tuning suite is true then it might level the field some and also help with market prices in coming back down.

Until you mess with a predator tuner you will not understand, the newer model for the LS2 cars does alot of stuff and from what I saw on the diablo website can handle anything that you can do with the tuning suites.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

The EFILive with the V2 interface will eliminate the need for a laptop. Just tote an SD card with your tunes & logs to the desktop for review an edit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EFI LIVE vs. DIABLO PREDATOR????????