Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

v2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v2 problems

hi i have a 2002 ls1 and i just got efilive for x mas. i downloaded all of the drivers and everything and thought i had everything set up right. but my lap top isnt connecting with the scan tool. the scan tool picks up on my car but nothing works with the lap top. im not sure what else to keep trying. but i am also having another problem. sometimes when my car has been sitting all day at work when i get it in it to leave it wont start. everything turns on but it doesnt turn over or click. i have already replaced the battery a month ago and i replaced the clutch saftey switch also. i thought maybe it was the css again so the next time it happened i got under the dash and held the switch and tried to start it.... nothing. then i kept messing with the key and moving it and the car started. but then sometimes i wont have this issues for a few days then out of no where it just happens. i dont think this would have anything to do with my efi live considering i can get it to start and everything but could it be a possibility? any ways sorry this was so long and a two in one question. thanks for yalls help
-jess
Old 01-02-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont leave the v2 unit plugged in overnight etc as it doesn't turn off. It keeps alive for dtc scan and resets etc. That might be slowing your battery down. Otherwise if efilive isnt plugged in you might have an issue with your wiring to the starter etc.

As for the drivers did you install them when prompted? Are you running XP? If so look in device manager and see if there is an unknown device when its plugged in. Or if its listed in there at all.

Secondly make sure you have the latest software. There was a new release just on Xmas time. You might also need to go into the properties tab of the scan tool and check you have v2 selected. (EDIT/PROPERTIES/Connection Tab)
Old 01-02-2007, 12:52 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds like your vats is the reason the car isnt starting mke sure you have a good clean contact on your key. when you say your laptop isnt connecting can you be a little more specific. Are you hitting the connect button before trying to scan in the scanner?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Junkie

If all else fails, in the scan tool properties double check that your cable interface is set to V2.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call me tommorrow durring the day and i can walk you thru your settings and get you going.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Teching In

yea we are hitting connect. yea thanks guys i will check that tonight and post up what happens. wish me luck and thank you all for posting up for me
Old 01-03-2007, 02:23 PM
11 Second Truck Club

As for your starting problem swap the relays in the forward most fuse box under hood. One says (starter) other (ignition) on the cover. They both are the same part number. If your problem now becomes an intermittent turning over but no fire of ignition then it's a bad or sticking relay. I just recently went through this problem on my Formula. Good luck.
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on EFi live soon, looks like the tech support is awesome.