Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILive Training classes to begin March 10th 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFILive Training classes to begin March 10th 2007

Finally after hundreds of hours of preparation and hard work, EFILive customers and potential customers can now attend professional, customized training classes that teach you how to get the most from EFILive tuning products.

Read more here...
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4441

Regards
Paul Blackmore
EFILive Limited
Old 01-27-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Where are you located in Southern California? Are you open for visitors?
Old 01-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Restricted User

The training courses are being run on behalf of EFILive by EFI University (www.efi101.com). They are based in CA.

Edit: fixed link.

Regards
Paul

Last edited by EFILive; 01-27-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds interesting. I will look into it.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Great work Paul. Will be nice for folks to get a hands on class applying tuning concepts/methodologies with the industries leading GM tuning suite.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That looks good but I would rather see an advanced EFI Live tuning session. Read and have heard of the EFI advanced class but a EFI Live class would be alot better so you can go over every function of this software.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
That looks good but I would rather see an advanced EFI Live tuning session. Read and have heard of the EFI advanced class but a EFI Live class would be alot better so you can go over every function of this software.
I am trying to get Ben from EFI University to put together a class in the Northeast at our shop. I'll let you know if I can get him to pull it off!
Old 01-29-2007, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about an online course for us po'boys who can't afford to go to cali.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:58 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds like a great idea i have been saying some one should do this for a while now. It will really make people feel better about buying your product knowing they can take a class and talk to live people about the questions they have with your softwear. This is one of the best inovations in the industry imo beeing able to talk to live people about the product. I mean whats next from efi live a live tech line
Old 03-10-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Regular

I am attending the first class in Temecula in a couple of hours.

I will let you know what it was like tomorrow.

Perry
Old 03-10-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pkincy
I am attending the first class in Temecula in a couple of hours.

I will let you know what it was like tomorrow.

Perry

I was goin to try and attend but I can't see spending over 1k just to get there.

Something in the midwest Indiana, Chicago, KC would be awesome for me anyway. Hint Hint
Old 03-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

So how did it go?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Launching!

With all the LS1 shops in Texas im supprised there are no EFI live classes here.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Great Class! I am totally amazed at how robust EFILive truly is. I had guessed that I was probably using only 20% of its capability. I was wrong.....I was probably using about 5-10%.

For most of us, the manual is scanned and maybe even read carefully. Than we hook it up to our car and log some data, read a forum comment or 10 and prepare a new tune. If nothing gets worse (or blows up) we are happy. If something gets better we get real happy. And we keep working on that iteration cycle.

EFILive is a daylong class designed to get deep into the capabilities of EFILive. It is not really a tuning class. I was the only attendee that was an amateur. The other 8 attendees were shop owners of very successful single or multiple location shops. We all wanted to better understand the capabilities of EFILive to make our use of it better.

We had attendess in Temecula (near SD, Ca) from S Call (4), Washington (1), Ohio (1), Phoenix (1), NCal (1) and the winner of the long distance award Saudi Arabia (1). The Saudi shop owner has several shops that specialize in tuning "imports". His imports are Chebbys and Holdens!

I am going to spend today rereading the course book and the scan and tuning manuals and migrating my V1 to V2. I suspect that will help me maximize the incredible amount of information that I received yesterday.

As to location, obviosuly they can fill the class with traveleers so I suspect they will do that. However I am going to tell Ben, Ross, Paul and Justin to think about giving the cloass on Webex. We did spend much of the class in a classroom setting working our laptops with both the Scan and Tune tools while the very capable instructor (Justin) moved through the software and showed us what it would do step by step (some 5 hours actually) on a screen with a laptop projector.

That portion of the class could easily and immediately be ported to an online web based interactive experience for very little extra work.

The portion of the class (2 hours) that was a demo of logging, tuning and the RR on the dyno couldn't be ported to online but you wiould still get a deepunderstanding of what EFILive can really do if you know what it is capable of.

Perry

Last edited by pkincy; 03-12-2007 at 03:34 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

These guys set up an East Coast class and I am in. Nice snap shot of the class. Thanks.

R/

Frat
Old 03-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Redline-Motorsports
I am trying to get Ben from EFI University to put together a class in the Northeast at our shop. I'll let you know if I can get him to pull it off!
Back from the dead...Any progress Howard?

And thanks to the attende for the synopsis of the class.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by pkincy
Great Class! I am totally amazed at how robust EFILive truly is. I had guessed that I was probably using only 20% of its capability. I was wrong.....I was probably using about 5-10%.

For most of us, the manual is scanned and maybe even read carefully. Than we hook it up to our car and log some data, read a forum comment or 10 and prepare a new tune. If nothing gets worse (or blows up) we are happy. If something gets better we get real happy. And we keep working on that iteration cycle.

EFILive is a daylong class designed to get deep into the capabilities of EFILive. It is not really a tuning class. I was the only attendee that was an amateur. The other 8 attendees were shop owners of very successful single or multiple location shops. We all wanted to better understand the capabilities of EFILive to make our use of it better.

We had attendess in Temecula (near SD, Ca) from S Call (4), Washington (1), Ohio (1), Phoenix (1), NCal (1) and the winner of the long distance award Saudi Arabia (1). The Saudi shop owner has several shops that specialize in tuning "imports". His imports are Chebbys and Holdens!

I am going to spend today rereading the course book and the scan and tuning manuals and migrating my V1 to V2. I suspect that will help me maximize the incredible amount of information that I received yesterday.

As to location, obviosuly they can fill the class with traveleers so I suspect they will do that. However I am going to tell Ben, Ross, Paul and Jason to think about giving the cloass on Webex. We did spend much of the class in a classroom setting working our laptops with both the Scan and Tune tools while the very capable instructor (Jason) moved through the software and showed us what it would do step by step (some 5 hours actually) on a screen with a laptop projector.

That portion of the class could easily and immediately be ported to an online web based interactive experience for very little extra work.

The portion of the class (2 hours) that was a demo of logging, tuning and the RR on the dyno couldn't be ported to online but you wiould still get a deepunderstanding of what EFILive can really do if you know what it is capable of.

Perry
Perry,

It was a pleasure having you in the class on Saturday. I'm glad to see that, after reflecting on the course for a day, you have come to the same conclusion on the material and experience that you had drawn from it when you left. Your course evaluation was very much appreciated and I hope that I can help to answer any questions that may arise in the future.

Thank you,
Justin
Old 03-12-2007, 03:32 AM
TECH Regular

Great class, Justin. It was well worth the time and travel!

I have spent most of the day with my computer again going through the things we covered to make sure I get them firmly in my brain, such as it is.

Perry

Quick Reply: EFILive Training classes to begin March 10th 2007