Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

PCM Diagnostics & Tuning
HP Tuners | AutoTap | Diablo | MAF Translator | HPP3 | FAST | Gen7 | Big Stuff 3
Sponsored by
Diablo Sport

EFILive Training classes to begin March 10th 2007

Old 01-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
Restricted User

Trader Rating: 2
Default EFILive Training classes to begin March 10th 2007

Finally after hundreds of hours of preparation and hard work, EFILive customers and potential customers can now attend professional, customized training classes that teach you how to get the most from EFILive tuning products.

Read more here...
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4441

Regards
Paul Blackmore
EFILive Limited
EFILive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 0

Where are you located in Southern California? Are you open for visitors?
1989GTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
Restricted User

Trader Rating: 2

The training courses are being run on behalf of EFILive by EFI University (www.efi101.com). They are based in CA.

Edit: fixed link.

Regards
Paul

Last edited by EFILive; 01-27-2007 at 07:00 PM..
EFILive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
10 Second Club

Trader Rating: 25

Sounds interesting. I will look into it.
Tick/Liberty Faceplated T56 W/Spec Super Twin
MIDWEST FULL FRONT SUSPENSION PKG
Midwest Chassis Fab 9inch 35 spline spool 4:10's
581hp/537tq..................10.332 @ 135
03 BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:02 AM   #5
TECH Junkie

Trader Rating: 28

Great work Paul. Will be nice for folks to get a hands on class applying tuning concepts/methodologies with the industries leading GM tuning suite.
TAQuickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:19 PM   #6
LS1Tech Sponsor

Trader Rating: 12

That looks good but I would rather see an advanced EFI Live tuning session. Read and have heard of the EFI advanced class but a EFI Live class would be alot better so you can go over every function of this software.

www.slowhawkperformance.com
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 AM   #7
FormerVendor

Trader Rating: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk
That looks good but I would rather see an advanced EFI Live tuning session. Read and have heard of the EFI advanced class but a EFI Live class would be alot better so you can go over every function of this software.
I am trying to get Ben from EFI University to put together a class in the Northeast at our shop. I'll let you know if I can get him to pull it off!
Redline-Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:15 AM   #8
On The Tree

Trader Rating: 1

how about an online course for us po'boys who can't afford to go to cali.
shanekennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:58 AM   #9
12 Second Club

Trader Rating: 5

Sounds like a great idea i have been saying some one should do this for a while now. It will really make people feel better about buying your product knowing they can take a class and talk to live people about the questions they have with your softwear. This is one of the best inovations in the industry imo beeing able to talk to live people about the product. I mean whats next from efi live a live tech line
Old 03-10-2007, 08:56 AM   #10
TECH Regular

I am attending the first class in Temecula in a couple of hours.

I will let you know what it was like tomorrow.

Perry
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #11
TECH Regular

Trader Rating: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkincy
I am attending the first class in Temecula in a couple of hours.

I will let you know what it was like tomorrow.

Perry

I was goin to try and attend but I can't see spending over 1k just to get there.

Something in the midwest Indiana, Chicago, KC would be awesome for me anyway. Hint Hint

2006 Trailblazer SS

01 Hayabusa "SOLD"
Buy American While You Still Can!!!
BlkHwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:54 AM   #12
Doc
FormerVendor

Trader Rating: 9

So how did it go?
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #13
Launching!

Trader Rating: 0

With all the LS1 shops in Texas im supprised there are no EFI live classes here.
Hooptie: 1997 Chevy Lumina (Luminator)
Mods: Port and Polished Throttle Body done by me, K&N Air Filter, NGK Plugs, Bosch Spark Plug Wires, Tow Hitch, Seafoamed Twice.
RWHP/RWTQ: Coming Soon Mileage: 146,000
WS6RED2002TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
TECH Regular

Great Class! I am totally amazed at how robust EFILive truly is. I had guessed that I was probably using only 20% of its capability. I was wrong.....I was probably using about 5-10%.

For most of us, the manual is scanned and maybe even read carefully. Than we hook it up to our car and log some data, read a forum comment or 10 and prepare a new tune. If nothing gets worse (or blows up) we are happy. If something gets better we get real happy. And we keep working on that iteration cycle.

EFILive is a daylong class designed to get deep into the capabilities of EFILive. It is not really a tuning class. I was the only attendee that was an amateur. The other 8 attendees were shop owners of very successful single or multiple location shops. We all wanted to better understand the capabilities of EFILive to make our use of it better.

We had attendess in Temecula (near SD, Ca) from S Call (4), Washington (1), Ohio (1), Phoenix (1), NCal (1) and the winner of the long distance award Saudi Arabia (1). The Saudi shop owner has several shops that specialize in tuning "imports". His imports are Chebbys and Holdens!

I am going to spend today rereading the course book and the scan and tuning manuals and migrating my V1 to V2. I suspect that will help me maximize the incredible amount of information that I received yesterday.

As to location, obviosuly they can fill the class with traveleers so I suspect they will do that. However I am going to tell Ben, Ross, Paul and Justin to think about giving the cloass on Webex. We did spend much of the class in a classroom setting working our laptops with both the Scan and Tune tools while the very capable instructor (Justin) moved through the software and showed us what it would do step by step (some 5 hours actually) on a screen with a laptop projector.

That portion of the class could easily and immediately be ported to an online web based interactive experience for very little extra work.

The portion of the class (2 hours) that was a demo of logging, tuning and the RR on the dyno couldn't be ported to online but you wiould still get a deepunderstanding of what EFILive can really do if you know what it is capable of.

Perry

Last edited by pkincy; 03-12-2007 at 03:34 AM..
Old 03-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #15
TECH Resident

These guys set up an East Coast class and I am in. Nice snap shot of the class. Thanks.

R/

Frat
Spohn Lower Control Arms/Sway Bars/Panhard Rod | Hal/QA1 12 Way Adjustable Shocks
Kenny Brown DBL Diamond Subframe Connectors | Moates RR/EFILive V1/Innovate LM1/02 OS
Fratsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #16
Doc
FormerVendor

Trader Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline-Motorsports
I am trying to get Ben from EFI University to put together a class in the Northeast at our shop. I'll let you know if I can get him to pull it off!
Back from the dead...Any progress Howard?

And thanks to the attende for the synopsis of the class.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:53 AM   #17
Hello Dave

Trader Rating: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkincy
Great Class! I am totally amazed at how robust EFILive truly is. I had guessed that I was probably using only 20% of its capability. I was wrong.....I was probably using about 5-10%.

For most of us, the manual is scanned and maybe even read carefully. Than we hook it up to our car and log some data, read a forum comment or 10 and prepare a new tune. If nothing gets worse (or blows up) we are happy. If something gets better we get real happy. And we keep working on that iteration cycle.

EFILive is a daylong class designed to get deep into the capabilities of EFILive. It is not really a tuning class. I was the only attendee that was an amateur. The other 8 attendees were shop owners of very successful single or multiple location shops. We all wanted to better understand the capabilities of EFILive to make our use of it better.

We had attendess in Temecula (near SD, Ca) from S Call (4), Washington (1), Ohio (1), Phoenix (1), NCal (1) and the winner of the long distance award Saudi Arabia (1). The Saudi shop owner has several shops that specialize in tuning "imports". His imports are Chebbys and Holdens!

I am going to spend today rereading the course book and the scan and tuning manuals and migrating my V1 to V2. I suspect that will help me maximize the incredible amount of information that I received yesterday.

As to location, obviosuly they can fill the class with traveleers so I suspect they will do that. However I am going to tell Ben, Ross, Paul and Jason to think about giving the cloass on Webex. We did spend much of the class in a classroom setting working our laptops with both the Scan and Tune tools while the very capable instructor (Jason) moved through the software and showed us what it would do step by step (some 5 hours actually) on a screen with a laptop projector.

That portion of the class could easily and immediately be ported to an online web based interactive experience for very little extra work.

The portion of the class (2 hours) that was a demo of logging, tuning and the RR on the dyno couldn't be ported to online but you wiould still get a deepunderstanding of what EFILive can really do if you know what it is capable of.

Perry
Perry,

It was a pleasure having you in the class on Saturday. I'm glad to see that, after reflecting on the course for a day, you have come to the same conclusion on the material and experience that you had drawn from it when you left. Your course evaluation was very much appreciated and I hope that I can help to answer any questions that may arise in the future.

Thank you,
Justin
03 SSS - L92 heads, TVS 2300
02 M6 WS6
dc_justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:32 AM   #18
TECH Regular

Great class, Justin. It was well worth the time and travel!

I have spent most of the day with my computer again going through the things we covered to make sure I get them firmly in my brain, such as it is.

Perry
Old 03-12-2007, 03:32 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
buy, class, coast, east, efi, efilive, hp, live, ls1, online, texas, training, tuners, tuning, v1xl