Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam sensor code and hard starting with new LS7

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 10:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cam sensor code and hard starting with new LS7

I keep getting a cam sensor code. I have have been told to swap the pink and red wires in the harness. As of right now all the wire colors match up to what the sensor is. So, do I want the red wire of the harness to go to the pink wire of the sensor? I do not know what else would cause the code. Car does have some issues when first trying to start, like it cannot tell which cylinder to fire. Thanks for the help. This is for the LS7 block with the Katech extension harness. If so, how do you remove the terminals from the plug on the GM style connectors? Thanks again.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are controlling via an LS1/LS6 pcm, I had the exact same issue with the same harness. Unplug it from near the back of the engine. Turn the plug over and plug it back in.

Cranks instantly on the first turn of the key every time.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
I keep getting a cam sensor code. I have have been told to swap the pink and red wires in the harness. As of right now all the wire colors match up to what the sensor is. So, do I want the red wire of the harness to go to the pink wire of the sensor? I do not know what else would cause the code. Car does have some issues when first trying to start, like it cannot tell which cylinder to fire. Thanks for the help. This is for the LS7 block with the Katech extension harness. If so, how do you remove the terminals from the plug on the GM style connectors? Thanks again.

If it makes you feel any better the long start is definately a result of not having a good cam signal. I just had a 07 Z06 come and the guy used an adjustable LS1 timing set (with no reluctor) so basically the cam sensor is totally MIA and this car takes forever to actually crank also. He is putting the stock timing set back on the car as we speak.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I wish I would have seen the second post earlier. I actually had to cut the wires down at the sensor and re-soldered. I would have rather just turned the plug around. It is actually the black and red wires need to be swapped. For the money of this sensor harness you would think Katech would have 2 options or come with some kind of info for the different vehicles.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

And for future reference some patience and a small safety pin or such a small diameter tool can release the lock on the connector to extract the pin and swap it. Ditto on Ktech not fully supporting this.