Sponsored by:

Fuel boiling time vs ECT vs MAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel boiling time vs ECT vs MAP

what is it?

i've been having a rich decl since the 37lb lucas injectors swap.
1. changed my tire size since their not stock height(no change in rich decel).
2. i took the transient fuel min rpm to 3000(stock=300) and the fuel mg to .005(stock=.045) to try to disable transient fuel under 3k but it didn't cause any less richness on decel. i was still seeing 9's,10's, and mostly staying in the 11's and 12's during decel(no change in rich decel).
3. then i went to Fuel boiling time vs ECT vs MAP under transient fuel and multiplied by 80% across the board. my decel does still dip into the 9's and 10's but mostly camps out at the 13's before going back to 14.4-14.6. during decel, it may dip but looks to find the 13's much faster. it takes from 1-1.5 seconds to get into the 13's now. it use to take 4-8 seconds to find the 13's and would mostly stay in the 11's and 12's.
lowering Fuel boiling time vs ECT vs MAP is showing a very good change although not stock results.
decel and accel from a decel feels much better. my afr throughoutt looks good with the Fuel boiling time vs ECT vs MAP reduced but i'm still concerned that this may cause damage???

i want to lower it even more to get back to 14.7 sooner on decel. can you guys give me some insight?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10872

Better put a helmet on in case your brain explodes...
Old 03-28-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha. read it a couple of times already. it doesn't say what Fuel Boiling Time vs. ECT vs. MAP did for me that fuel mg or rpm min didn't do.
i just ran a tune with only the Fuel Boiling Time vs. ECT vs. MAP lowered by 20% and left the fuel mg and min rpm at stock values and my rich decel came back. so for some reason i need a combo of the 3 to lean my decel.
trying to understand why beacause others with larger injectors have only changed the fuel mg and another poster said he changed the fuel mg and min rpm but neither had to change the Fuel Boiling Time vs. ECT vs. MAP.