Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning customer cars

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning customer cars

How many of you tune customer cars, either on the side or full time?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make this post an anonymous poll and you will be better served as well as help ease the mind of paid tuning sponsors.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't really think about that, I assumed as long as they weren't "advertising" in their post/sig, it wouldn't matter to the vendors.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Lots of us do things such as "I'll tune your motor if you rebuild my trans", but while I think I can tune better than a lot of "pro tuners", I know I am not good enough to do professional warrantied work. While I am sure there is some good, legitimate reason for your question, I can't possibly see any good outcome of this poll.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gametech
While I am sure there is some good, legitimate reason for your question, I can't possibly see any good outcome of this poll.
I certainly didn't mean to "offend" anyone with the question, I simply wanted to know how feasible it was to make the transition from tuning your own cars to turning it into a part-time/fulltime busness. Since in some cases you are looking at investing $1500.00 - $2000.00 in hardware/software, it would be interesting to know if it could turn into an income if you worked at it. Many years ago, I built my own engines and modded friends cars, and "all of a sudden" guys were offereing to pay me to do work for them. I just wondered if it was the same with tuning. Personally, it wouldn't be too bad to do what you LOVE to do, and get paid for it!
I'm not slighting any vendors, since, if it tuned into a busness for anyone, you would OF COURSE advertise on the boards.
All I want to do right now is learn to tune well enough to tune a few cars and trucks that belong to my family and friends that have bugged me since they heard I might get some tuning software!
Just wanted to clear up my post.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

generally I just help out friends for free... or if its a vehicle I don't have a license for, just the cost of the credits

I LOVE tuning, but just don't have the time to do full tunes on many vehicles...

haven't done much lately though... hard to get motivated to tune other peoples vehicles when your vehicle is busted heh (staring out the window at it now... put a brand new transmission in it last weekend... but need to put a new torque arm in this afternoon ... should then finally be drivable for first time since 10/03/06)
Old 03-30-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ I feel ya man, mine was down since late Nov 06, got it running again almost 3 weeks ago. Its nice to have my muscle back again. LS1 TA > Taurus