Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LC1 hookup problem...Error 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LC1 hookup problem...Error 5

alright well i hooked up my LC-1 today...im not using the little LED light and the push button because i dont need too. Well the lc-1 is brand new, i installed it once before to make sure everything worked and it did. Now i dont have the brown wire,yellow wire (analog 1 & 2) hooked up, or the black calibration wire that would be hooked up to the LED...well i hooked it all up and the sensor gets to about 65% warm up and then it says i have error 5. Is it because i need to do something with the black calibration wire?? Error 5 is short circuit sensor...but my sensor is Brand new...so whats the problem??
Old 03-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Ok, so I take it that you are running the stand alone XD-1 gage (or some sort)only. No data logger, like EFI Live or HPTuners? At any rate, have you unplugged the sensor and powered up the system to reset the controller then plug the sensor back in? Give that a try. The sensors are very fragile...drop em' more than an inch off the ground and consider them toast. Goto your local autozone, etc, tell them you have a 01 VW golf and need the pre cat sensor. It should be a bosch 17014. Keep the reciept, they are warrantied for a year. If bad, take it back.

Prior to all that tho, where exactly are you getting power for the controller from?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:13 AM
11 Second Club

i hooked up the LC1 up to my laptop that i do have hp tuners on, but its the standard HP tuners hookup and i dont know how to wire it up to get it to read on my Hp tuners but i have the innovative software CD called "logworks" and thats what i would be logging into to get all the readings...then from there edit it in HP tuners. To get my power source Its going directly from my battery and i put a little switch in the power line to turn it on/off.

Quick Reply: LC1 hookup problem...Error 5